How is the Climate Control on board?

LongIsCruiser

Looking forward to our first VV cruise in Jan on board the Valiant Lady. One of my challenges when packing is going from the heat of outdoors to the overwhelming air conditioning indoors. Can someone tell me if they tend to keep it on the cold-side in the restaurants and clubs?  Would hate to have on my cute red dress only to have to cover it all up with sweatshirts and sweatpants just to be comfy. I found it unbearably cold during shows on all of the other cruise ships I've been on. such a pet peeve of mine!

I bring a sweater or lightweight jacket for times on deck at night.  We did 14 nights on Valiant in November and did not find it cold in the restaurants.  I only wore my cover up outside in the evenings when the ship was moving quickly (breeze from ship movement and evening temps).  FWIW, I tend to be cold....no problem on VV.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The only time I’ve been oddly cold has been wearing shorts in the Wake and watching something in the Red Room theatre in the day time where I think the air con was set to cope with a full house so with only a handful of people it cooled more than needed. But with a full house in the evening it was a normal temperature. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yup.  I tend to run hot and like to crank the AC down.  Just got off Valiant Lady last week, and most places on the ship was ok, some places inside where it was open and close to the outside was warm, but the big venues enclosed like the Red Room was nice and cool.  We felt that our cabin could have been cooler, definitely glad we brought a fan to circulate the air.