Viking air question

ddeprez

3 hours ago, ChrisB123 said:

We have a booking on SAS from LAX to Copenhagen. The times are perfect, the airline ( I've been told ) is great and we paid for an upgrade to premium. I'm really wondering about things I've heard with flights being changed and losing our premium seats.  This is our first cruise with Viking and we're doing the Homelands cruise next August.  I'm torn over wanting our TA to insist on ticketing the flights and holding off.  I'd hate to be changed as the flight are great.   Funny how they already have our money! 

There is a huge benefit to living close to a major international airport such as LAX, SFO, ORD, DFW, ATL, or JFK.  The capacity of flights allows fewer changes, and a greater chance of a nonstop to Europe.  Even places such as Denver have flights routed through other gateway cities.  Daughter flew Amsterdam to Denver Tuesday but had to change in Atlanta….tight connection plus immigration caused luggage to arrive one day late….but she was home.

We fly LAX to Auckland on Saturday and since May we have had five flight changes but all were about changes of aircraft type and time of departure that only varied by 5-10 minutes.  Not a big deal but raised anxiety level when reading subject line of email notification.

• Like 1

Schedule changes are a fact of life.  Just had another one today from KLM, resulting in flights moving a day earlier.  All part of the adventure.

I highly recommend the video mentioned in this post.  Tells a great deal about airline scheduling and the changes that occur to those "great itineraries".

• Like 2

7 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Schedule changes are a fact of life.  Just had another one today from KLM, resulting in flights moving a day earlier.  All part of the adventure.

I highly recommend the video mentioned in this post.  Tells a great deal about airline scheduling and the changes that occur to those "great itineraries".

Interesting video and explains the planned changes very well