Casa Del Mar Aruba Day Pass

mitchden

Casa Del Mar recently announced that they will sell a limited supply of day passes,  with the intention of encouraging the pass holders to purchase one of their timeshares. The resort is extremely busy, and all chairs and shade will be taken by 6am. Their beach is very vulnerable to the tides, and recent storms have washed away a great deal of their beach, making it even harder to find shade. I stayed at a resort next to Casa Del Mar last winter, and will be staying there for several weeks in February.  Personally,  I would avoid Casa Del Mar as a cruiser. I think that you would have a very frustrating day. I would go to one of the public beaches where you can rent chairs and umbrellas instead. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you so much for your reply. Reading the posts on this page, I see there are a number of beaches. My wife and I would like to spend a few hours on a beach - in the shade. Which beach do you recommend? Is ir easy to find transportation there and back to the ship? Thanks again for your help.

Reflexions is a beach club, not far from the ship. It is on Surfside Beach.  They have a nice, calm beach,  chairs and umbrellas,  a very small pool, and serve food and drinks.  Some areas of Surfside Beach have lots of seaweed,  but this area does not.  If you decide to go there,  tell the taxi driver to let you off at Reflexions, not Surfside Beach, which also has a bar/restaurant, etc. They can call a taxi for you. 

Another good choice is Eagle Beach.  There are several areas that have vendors that rent chairs and umbrellas.  It might be harder to get a taxi back to the ship from there, but there are bus stops along the street,  which will take you right across the street from the cruise port. You can find lots of good suggestions for Eagle Beach on these boards. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sarahg0915 said:

I reached out to Casa del Mar a while back about their day pass, since they are one of very, very few in Aruba that offer them. One adult from the group is required to sit through a half-hour timeshare presentation. 

And a half hour turns into 2 hours

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2023 at 9:09 PM, Sarahg0915 said:

I reached out to Casa del Mar a while back about their day pass, since they are one of very, very few in Aruba that offer them. One adult from the group is required to sit through a half-hour timeshare presentation. 

What a crock of BS especially on your cruise vacation. Timeshare sale pitch in Aruba while you could be on Eagle Beach having a wonderful day?🤮

Tell them to take their "crock of BS" "day pass", they're 2nd grade timeshare sh!tshow and stick it where the sun never thought about shining.