Private transfer from ship to airport

WeBeCruisinMon

12 hours ago, WeBeCruisinMon said:

Any recommendations on who to use for a private transfer from Manhattan cruise port to the airport? Will be 2 adults and 2 kids (1yr & 3yr). Thanks!

Which airport? New York has three-- JFK, LaGuardia, or Newark. Generally for a car service Carmel or Dial7 work fine as is often discussed here. NYC yellow cabs offer a flat rate between Manhattan and JFK but are metered otherwise. 

Personally I just use Uber or Lyft.

With the two young kids, not sure I can use Uber or Lyft without car seats? Or does it not matter in NYC?

We dock on a Friday morning in February. Will there be extra traffic getting from port to airport? Airport would be EWR or LGA, haven’t booked it yet, checking on times. Thanks! 

32 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

Which airport? New York has three-- JFK, LaGuardia, or Newark. Generally for a car service Carmel or Dial7 work fine as is often discussed here. NYC yellow cabs offer a flat rate between Manhattan and JFK but are metered otherwise. 

Personally I just use Uber or Lyft.

With the two young kids, not sure I can use Uber or Lyft without car seats? Or does it not matter in NYC?

We dock on a Friday morning in February. Will there be extra traffic getting from port to airport? Airport would be EWR or LGA, haven’t booked it yet, checking on times. Thanks! 

29 minutes ago, WeBeCruisinMon said:

I'm surprised you'd consider using car transport for children anywhere, but especially in a city, without a car seat, even if it's legal!

4 hours ago, WeBeCruisinMon said:

Uber if you scroll down to the "More" section has Car Seat option, it's only one though, same with Lyft. I don't know how you would get two car seats.

Passengers riding in Taxi & limousine plated for-hire vehicles (have T&LC Plates) are allowed to bring and install their own car seats and not be charged for the time to do so. 

In any case, Children under the age of seven are permitted to sit on an adult's lap in a T&LC Plated car. 

On 11/29/2023 at 10:43 AM, WeBeCruisinMon said:

As others have said-- children can ride on laps without the need for car seats per the law (not going to get into ethics-- its a choice). You can get an Uber with a car seat. 

Traffic to either LGA or EWR will be reverse of the commute at that time of day so you shouldn't have much of an issue. I wouldn't book anything before noon though just to give yourself time.