Contacting P&O by phone

pennib

Have just spent several head banging minutes trying to phone P&O with a couple of queries but all I could get was a “virtual agent” which was unable to enter any conversation except to ask questions which were not relevant to why I was ringing. One of the numbers was the one in “ contact us” on the main page. Has anyone got a phone number I could try. My queries regard checking in for our cruise B330 and also getting assistance at the terminal. It is not yet 09.00 and I am stressed out of my head. 
thanks

Try calling 0800 0523840. Phone was answered quickly by a human being. I think I had to go through the usual menu but the agent was very helpful and emailed one of her colleagues while I was on the phone to get an answer to my query. I may have just got lucky of course. To get assistance at the terminal you have to complete a form and submit it detailing exactly what assistance is required. I am hearing that people are being refused help if they haven’t done this. Good luck.  Hope you get through on the phone. 

Edited by sandancer

37 minutes ago, pennib said:

Have just spent several head banging minutes trying to phone P&O with a couple of queries but all I could get was a “virtual agent” which was unable to enter any conversation except to ask questions which were not relevant to why I was ringing. One of the numbers was the one in “ contact us” on the main page. Has anyone got a phone number I could try. My queries regard checking in for our cruise B330 and also getting assistance at the terminal. It is not yet 09.00 and I am stressed out of my head. 
thanks

Think with the virtual agent it's best to say nothing .

I had one with o2 and was getting nowhere so tried again but silent ,ended up it saying

"Sorry did not get that ,please hold the line while I connect you to an agent ."

• Like 1

When you get virtual agent - she's on every number - say operator. When she asks what with say purchase X - i found a gift package or wine works even 8f that's not what you're calling about as all the agen5s are the same - ignore her after that and stay silent she should say I'll get someone to help you then put you in the queue. Unfortunately due to black Friday deals the queue is long, my last call 25 minutes.

Ignoring the bot after the first question will put you in the queue.

Good luck.

9 minutes ago, david63 said:

Sounds like another step in the right direction to loosing customers.

It's a regular P&O solution. If something doesn't work very well, like getting through to a person, put in a system that makes it even worse. Eventually those pesky customers will stop phoning up with their silly questions. Getting a few more staff may have helped solve the original problem, but...hey...get real.

So rather that employ staff at a decent wage to answer customer calls, P&O utilise systems which irritate the hell out of people. I spent some years when working installing phone systems for my employer the rule we had that the was only 4 options on the menu and choosing the correct one would take you through to an agent. The systems in place now in many businesses are not user friendly and customers are not having to resort to all sorts of tricks in order to bypass them, same with these bots on website chats. 

Edited by Snow Hill

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

So rather that employ staff at a decent wage to answer customer calls, P&O utilise systems which irritate the hell out of people. I spent some years when working installing phone systems for my employer the rule we had that the was only 4 options on the menu and choosing the correct one would take you through to an agent. The systems in place now in many businesses are not user friendly and customers are not having to resort to all sorts of tricks in order to bypass them, same with these bots on website chats. 

Do you actually know how much they pay their staff and what their terms and conditions are to judge if they are paid a decent wage ? 

Trying to get a phone bot to understand you is so infuriating.😠 

It's just the same with Alexa. I've lost count of the number of times our lass has sworn at her because she doesn't understand her 'Ull accent.🤭