Need advice on Galveston embarkation day plans

luvseaside

I booked a room eons ago for the night of Friday February 9 at the Tremont House Hotel. Didn't think about Mardi Gras. Looks like the Tremont is right on the parade route. Are we going to get blocked in there, and face a super noisy night? On the one hand, might be tons of fun!!! On the other hand, we're not in our twenties any more 🙂  (Plus I got a really good deal booking Tremont on Bonvoy points a long time ago.)

On 12/1/2023 at 6:40 PM, ssb said:

yes from on 25th street and this is a the biggest and bestest and lengthy parade . Lots of viewing parties from homes on 25th . Lots of public viewing from 25th also . 

9 minutes ago, CJcanada said:

I booked a room eons ago for the night of Friday February 9 at the Tremont House Hotel. Didn't think about Mardi Gras. Looks like the Tremont is right on the parade route. Are we going to get blocked in there, and face a super noisy night? On the one hand, might be tons of fun!!! On the other hand, we're not in our twenties any more 🙂  (Plus I got a really good deal booking Tremont on Bonvoy points a long time ago.)

Consider yourself lucky . 

• Like 1

The Tremont cost $700 per night for that weekend. From what I read, they actually fence off an entertainment area that goes from 20th to 25th, on Strand and Mechanic Streets. No cars allowed in that area for the whole weekend .It appears that balconies at the Tremont are highly desired and possibly some charging spectators to use. I do not know how parking and coming and going would be. Is my car trapped in? You might want to actually call the motel directly with  questions like that.  Do you only have that one night?  I fall into your category of age, I know what you mean. But one night there during the Mardi Gras  might fun if you have a balcony.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2and2 said:

The Tremont cost $700 per night for that weekend. From what I read, they actually fence off an entertainment area that goes from 20th to 25th, on Strand and Mechanic Streets. No cars allowed in that area for the whole weekend .It appears that balconies at the Tremont are highly desired and possibly some charging spectators to use. I do not know how parking and coming and going would be. Is my car trapped in? You might want to actually call the motel directly with  questions like that.  Do you only have that one night?  I fall into your category of age, I know what you mean. But one night there during the Mardi Gras  might fun if you have a balcony.

There are no balconies at Tremont .

All parking is Valet that second  weekend and half a block away and easy access .  

No issues with cars .

Yes the Tremont on Saturday night has a wonderful party, with entire area fenced in for private party in hotel , in street for special private viewing of parades and in Ballroom  across street .

Edited by ssb
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, ssb said:

There are no balconies at Tremont .

All parking is Valet that second  weekend and half a block away and easy access .  

No issues with cars .

Yes the Tremont on Saturday night has a wonderful party, with entire area fenced in for private party in hotel , in street for special private viewing of parades and in Ballroom  across street .

Thanks for the corrections and your local knowledge. I just noticed that they are selling tickets to balcony parties on the official Mardi Gras web site, and assumed the Tremont had them based on the unbelievable high rates to get a room.

• Like 1