Long Bay Beach, Beef Island vs Spring Hill Bay, Virgin Gorda

c breeze

1 hour ago, c breeze said:

Can anyone provide input on Long Bay Beach, Beef Island Barbados vs Spring Hiil Bay on Virgin Gorda. We have never been to either Island. Thanks!

I assume you are referring to Long Bay, Beef Island which is on Tortola, and Spring Bay, Virgin Gorda? These are two island in the British Virgin Islands.

I know cruise lines are offering excursions to LB, Beef and providing lounges and other amenities. We’ve not been since this started, last we were there is was just a stunning beach with nothing else around. You could miss the dirt road leading to it…So I’m sure someone can give you more info on what is incliuded with te excursion, or if you can find amenities there on your own.

Spring Bay on VG is an alternative to the Baths. Nothing there but the beach and boulders, but it’s a flat walk from the road versus the natural path down to the beach. From there you can walk to the Top of the Baths restaurant or Mad Dog Bar.

Savannah Bay is gorgeous…

What are you interested in? And are you looking at a cruise line excursion or a beach on your own? This thread has some descriptions of the beaches -

Edited by blue_water

Thank you! Yes I  am looking at cruise line shore excursions, and originally accidentally posted this on the Barbados forum 🤪  then copied and pasted it on the Tortola Forum and forgot to edit 🤪🤪. I am trying to decide between these two, as according to excursion description, Baths is a level 3 (strenuous) probably due to path. 

Gotchya!

Yes the Long Bay, Beef Island would be a 25 minute safari-type taxi each way. Nice beach, others can comment on the excursion. I’d expect it to be much less busy that CGB…

The Baths are the main draw on Virgin Gorda. You take a 30 minute ferry, a 5 - 10 minute taxi, and walk down the path to the boulders.You can find more details in other threads and by Googing or with YouTube.

pyropoodle’s post here provides detail from her perspective as well.

Keep in mind Spring Bay is separate from The Baths and Devils Bay beach…

Edited by blue_water
Typo