May not be able to go on cruise….do I just lose it?

On 12/3/2023 at 8:17 PM, PoorNC said:

We’ve been cruising since 1986 and this is the first issue we’ve run into.  If you cruise without insurance you need to be willing to accept the loss.  And you are correct - you would need “cancel for any reason” since other policies don’t cover sick pets (just booked a cruise for 2025 and was looking into policies but haven’t bought any insurance yet).  😀

I'm sure you know this but if you do want CFAR insurance it does need to be purchased within a certain number of days after your initial deposit - like 14 days - so if it's something you're thinking about getting, may not have too long to decide.  I've always had at least one dog with cancer (or recovering from cancer) almost every time I cruise since 2009 so for me it's a no brainer.  I hate spending the money up front but peace of mind is worth the price. Hopefully it's not needed. 🙂 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Cabana Girl said:

We are still having a random doggie cough, but not much. It is possible that the 2nd dog coughed today!  Ugh. Overall it is still a possibility that we can go if these two super healthy knuckleheads will stop with the random coughs!

We booked thru an agent and it is apparently part of a group booking. It is very hard to contact the agent and only thru email. Never again.  Talking to RCCL loyalty desk and group bookings….there may have been some possibility of a resolution if we booked directly with RCCL.  We’ll never know. 

I just love that you're willing to stay home to take care of the dogs if needed. 🙂 Hopefully they'll be better and you can go. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

I hope your dogs recover and you can go on long awaited cruise.  DH and I are on Wonder this week. If you just cannot go, one of us would be interested in staying on next week, even short notice. If one of your names stays on the reservation, the other name can change.

Hope you are having fun. Ship doesn't seem to be that crowded 

On 12/6/2023 at 6:32 PM, Cabana Girl said:

We are still having a random doggie cough, but not much. It is possible that the 2nd dog coughed today!  Ugh. Overall it is still a possibility that we can go if these two super healthy knuckleheads will stop with the random coughs!

We booked thru an agent and it is apparently part of a group booking. It is very hard to contact the agent and only thru email. Never again.  Talking to RCCL loyalty desk and group bookings….there may have been some possibility of a resolution if we booked directly with RCCL.  We’ll never know. 

Have your dogs been seen by a vet?  BTW, my travel insurance covers not just family members, but also family pets if they are sick or suddenly pass before our travel.  I had no idea that our plan covered this; I found it quite by accident and, thankfully, have not had to use it for the dogs.  I'm the one who got sick and had to cancel a very last minute transatlantic cruise last year (stroke) and the day before we cruised this past Feb, we had to cancel when hubby got Covid.  

Good luck!