Booked Dining Dates and Time but...

pete_coach

So, I booked our specialty restaurants and got an email confirming them.

We have the Free at Sea package and get 2 specialty restaurants.

The email say

LA CUCINA PARTY OF 4 - à la carte
LEBL00P04 LE BISTRO PARTY OF 4 - à la carte
TEPL00P04 TEPPANYAKI PARTY OF 4

What does the à la carte mean?? 2 restaurants say à la carte and the third does not.

To me  à la carte means it is separately priced items from a menu, not as part of a set mea.l

2 minutes ago, pete_coach said:

We have the Free at Sea package and get 2 specialty restaurants.

LA CUCINA PARTY OF 4 - à la carte
LEBL00P04 LE BISTRO PARTY OF 4 - à la carte
TEPL00P04 TEPPANYAKI PARTY OF 4

I'm confused...you get two specialty restaurants but were able to book three?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

I'm confused...you get two specialty restaurants but were able to book three?

I have 3.

When I booked and checked out, I never was asked for credit card or to pay.

My Free at Sea has

Unlimited Open Bar Package

Specialty Dining Package 3 meals to enjoy at any of our specialty dining restaurants

300 minutes wifi

$50 USD credit shore excursion for first guest.

7 minutes ago, shof515 said:

à la carte means it is a regular priced restaurant like at home with different menu items costing xyz amount of money. if you have a dinning package or a latitude voucher, you can ignore the pricing on the menu

I think I get what you are saying but, as I understand it, you need to reserve those restaurants and pay the upfront charge. There is a per person charge for each restaurant.

Or is there a listing on the left side of the menu hat is extra charge?

1 hour ago, pete_coach said:

I think I get what you are saying but, as I understand it, you need to reserve those restaurants and pay the upfront charge. There is a per person charge for each restaurant.

Or is there a listing on the left side of the menu hat is extra charge?

You are entitled to 3 meals (like me, on your sailing).

For the FAS deal, you pay nothing other than those gratuities already charged for any of the restaurants.

The a la carte pricing only applies to someone who walks in with no package of any kind purchased; so they pay just as if you were in an ordinary restaurant, menu price for each item ordered.

Teppanyaki charges a flat rate for the meal (3 courses if I remember correctly). A walk in, again, pays that fee. Package holder - like you - pays nothing.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cruiser2015 said:

You are entitled to 3 meals (like me, on your sailing).

For the FAS deal, you pay nothing other than those gratuities already charged for any of the restaurants.

The a la carte pricing only applies to someone who walks in with no package of any kind purchased; so they pay just as if you were in an ordinary restaurant, menu price for each item ordered.

Teppanyaki charges a flat rate for the meal (3 courses if I remember correctly). A walk in, again, pays that fee. Package holder - like you - pays nothing.

I thought if you walk in they charge you the price as is identified on the Dining list.

For instance, if you go on the website dinner at Teppanyaki is CAD $96 per person.

To me, à la carte at Teppanyaki would mean if you want chicken it is $XX, shrimp is $XX+ steak is $XX++.

I have eaten there and never saw any prices on the meals

13 minutes ago, pete_coach said:

I thought if you walk in they charge you the price as is identified on the Dining list.

For instance, if you go on the website dinner at Teppanyaki is CAD $96 per person.

To me, à la carte at Teppanyaki would mean if you want chicken it is $XX, shrimp is $XX+ steak is $XX++.

I have eaten there and never saw any prices on the meals

Because Teppanyaki has one flat price for the meal - no prices for individual items.

A no pre-purchase walk in pays that $96. With your FAS you pay zero.

@pete_coach

These days the IT department has upgraded the system and it knows, from your booking number, that you have 3 "free" meals.   All you have to pay is the 20% "fee" which is, itself either built into the cruise fare (as in NZ & Australia) or is itemised in the payment list on your Confirmation email.

When you go to the restaurant there will be nothing to pay UNLESS you choose an item with an upcharge or exceed the number of items allowed.

Most restaurants on NCL are a la carte. If you don’t have the dining package then you pay the prices on the menu. If you do have the package then you only pay anything if you buy an upcharge item (stated on the menus) or if you order multiple items (ie two appetisers, assuming they actually charge you).

Teppanyaki and Moderno have a flat fee, which is paid if you don’t have the dining package. If you do have the package then you don’t pay anything.

The only time you pay anything when booking is if you book Moderno or Teppanyaki and have already booked as many meals as you have dining credits for.

• Thanks 1