21 day cruise laundry

Indiansgirl

Usually one every 7 days so at least two.  You might want to bring a small trash sack to use to line the paper laundry sack provide.

I would not send anything that have colors that could run or anything very delicate.  There should be a very tiny clothesline across the top of your shower.  Many people do wash in the bathroom sink and hang things on a towel rack or the line.

Do NOT put anything out on your balcony to dry-- they could blow away never to be seen again.

Edited by www3traveler
Add a comment
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

Usually one every 7 days so at least two.  You might want to bring a small trash sack to use to line the paper laundry sack provide.

I would not send anything that have colors that could run or anything very delicate.  There should be a very tiny clothesline across the top of your shower.  Many people do wash in the bathroom sink and hang things on a towel rack or the line.

Do NOT put anything out on your balcony to dry-- they could blow away never to be seen again.

Thank you. I will plan on at least 2 laundry deals and do other wash in sink.

On the 15 Day Bliss, there was one $29 bag offer.  My wife, an engineer, brought packing tape to reinforce the edges.  Big bag and she used smaller bags to avoid ripping.

The free bag of laundry are one of the best benefits of Platinum.

2 hours ago, bssc said:

On the 15 Day Bliss, there was one $29 bag offer.  My wife, an engineer, brought packing tape to reinforce the edges.  Big bag and she used smaller bags to avoid ripping.

The free bag of laundry are one of the best benefits of Platinum.

Club Balcony  also gets a free bag per cruise.

from my experience, you will be provided with 1 bag for 7 days.  I had to go to guest services to get another bag for the next seven days.  Just look for those little laundry tags that they put on the insides of the collars.  I still found some some weeks after gettin back and doing laundry at home.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RedRover96 said:

We've booked a Club on Jade next week for a 14 day and all I can find out is just one bag per cabin for the 14 day.  And yes we have read all the hints and will try them all to make the best use of the paper bag 🤪

You got it right.

It's one bag per cruise.

I have a 15 day next month and that is the deal.

If you need more, there seems to be a weekly special for a flat rate on a bag (I think it's $29.95). So, likely to be twice during your cruise.

Freebie is only one.

11 minutes ago, cruiser2015 said:

You got it right.

It's one bag per cruise.

I have a 15 day next month and that is the deal.

If you need more, there seems to be a weekly special for a flat rate on a bag (I think it's $29.95). So, likely to be twice during your cruise.

Freebie is only one.

Nah. Not our experience post-Corona. Its was 1 bag per every 7 days cruising.

Edited by luv2kroooz

1 minute ago, luv2kroooz said:

Nah. Not our experience post-Corona. Its was 1 bag per every 7 days cruising.

It's in writing - features for Club Balcony

It's been confirmed in other recent thread on this board.

Were you in fact in a CB?

If so, you got what you got - while anything could happen on any given cruise - I wouldn't count on it happening.

2 minutes ago, cruiser2015 said:

It's in writing - features for Club Balcony

It's been confirmed in other recent thread on this board.

Were you in fact in a CB?

If so, you got what you got - while anything could happen on any given cruise - I wouldn't count on it happening.

Great... it's in "writing". Yep, we got what we got, like many others. Your mileage may vary.

I was not, in fact, in a CB.

Edited by luv2kroooz

Thanks everyone for the replies. I believe I have the answer to my original question. No club balcony for us or other benefits for free laundry. Was just wondering about the 29.00 bag of laundry and how often it might be offered on a 21 day cruise. Happy cruising.

• 2 weeks later...

We’re just off the 18 day Lisbon to Rio cruise - there was  3 of the $29 offers. The first one was at about day 6, then a week, then the last week - maybe 3 days before disembarking. 

We were an ordinary balcony (not Club) and only Silver latitudes so these weren’t specials for anything like that. 

HTH! 

4 hours ago, Adieos said:

We’re just off the 18 day Lisbon to Rio cruise - there was  3 of the $29 offers. The first one was at about day 6, then a week, then the last week - maybe 3 days before disembarking. 

We were an ordinary balcony (not Club) and only Silver latitudes so these weren’t specials for anything like that. 

HTH! 

It seems to general rule is the $29 special is done once per week, across the board.

The Platinum benefit is for FREE laundry weekly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruiser2015 said:

It seems to general rule is the $29 special is done once per week, across the board.

The Platinum benefit is for FREE laundry weekly.

Yep -  seems to be. We’re literally off the ship so figured I’d just give my most recent experience.  I looked up my bill and it’s funny because the first bag was actually at 5 days - which was actually handy because we’d be in Lisbon beforehand. And it also meant we got 3 bags in on a cruise that was just under the 3 weeks at only 18 days.

I just finished the transatlantic crossing on the Epic. During this time they offered the bag service three times. I’ve found the number of bags ship depended, plus if I asked was always told I could have more. 

8 hours ago, Adieos said:

HTH! 

Thanks so much. This helps.

• Like 1