Azamara Transfers to Ship without pre-cruise land package

debcip

We are taking our first cruise post-pandemic, to Japan. We had previously cruised out of Venice and had a pre-cruise transfer, booked through Azamara. We had arrived two days early, and the transfer package included 2 nights at a hotel and transfer to the ship. 

I was interested in doing something similar for Japan.  Barring that, I thought I could book the hotel being used for the pre-cruise land package independently and be transferred to the ship with the land package guests.  We will be arriving in Tokyo 3 days prior to embarkation. Both my TA and I have called Azamara, and looked at the website, and it appears the only transfers available are from the airport to the ship on the day of embarkation. This seems inconceivable to me; given the complicated nature of getting to Japan, I am sure most people will be arriving at least a day early. I can’t believe that there is no way to get to the ship using the company. 

Does anyone have any insight into this?  I realize that we can do what we want and get ourselves to the port in a cab, but given the craziness of Tokyo and the fact that there are two cruise terminals, I was hoping to have Azamara take care of these details. 

Azamara will tell you in plenty of time which terminal it is.  I am sure that the taxi driver will know how to get there.  Mine did.   Also what will be so complicated in getting to Japan.  It isn't any different or harder than getting to another place by plane?

DON

8 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

Azamara will tell you in plenty of time which terminal it is.  I am sure that the taxi driver will know how to get there.  Mine did.   Also what will be so complicated in getting to Japan.  It isn't any different or harder than getting to another place by plane?

DON

Lol just meaning that it may involve multiple flights and therefore an increased chance of delays, so there may be more people who will be staying in town prior to the cruise date 

• Like 1

For my last cruise with Azamara, I went to Rome a couple of days earlier and stayed at an airport hotel. I have booked my transfer from the Airport with Azamara providing a flight number for the date of embarkation. It was fine because my hotel was at the airport. But if I would have stayed in a hotel in Rome itself and not Fiumicino, I would have booked a private transfer to the port.

Ivi

14 hours ago, travelberlin said:

For my last cruise with Azamara, I went to Rome a couple of days earlier and stayed at an airport hotel. I have booked my transfer from the Airport with Azamara providing a flight number for the date of embarkation. It was fine because my hotel was at the airport. But if I would have stayed in a hotel in Rome itself and not Fiumicino, I would have booked a private transfer to the port.

Ivi

Thanks, obviously that’s what we’ll do. Just wanted to be sure I wasn’t missing something on the website or with the sometimes-iffy Azamara customer service

4 hours ago, debcip said:

Thanks, obviously that’s what we’ll do. Just wanted to be sure I wasn’t missing something on the website or with the sometimes-iffy Azamara customer service

You are welcome. I have to add that I have got the name of the company that Azamara uses in Rome for excursions and transfers in advance. I have got this information from the website from Azamara. Azamara was having lots of difficulties with pre cruise communication and they could not tell us where the pick up place for the transfer at the airport would be. I have sent an email myself to the company that Azamara uses in Rome and they answered providing me the meeting point at the airport. I went directly there. Nowadays with flights delays and similar it is good to know where their meeting point is, in addition to the place where the plane arrives. 

Ivi