Surprising someone onboard - try it...you'll like it.

schmoopie17

3 hours ago, Firstin87 said:

Yes!  Just because you are friends doesn't mean you would be good travel companions.  Some people dine at different times, some people like to disembark early and other like to sleep in, some like bus tour excursions and some like adventurous ones.  I'd only travel with friends if we planned it in advance and were clear about expectations.  A bad travel experience can harm a friendship, so I'd be careful not to risk that.

Great post.

No, just no to "surprises". If you're so sure they'll be thrilled to see you let them know in advance so they can anticipate your arrival. 

• Like 3

I'd surprise my sisters if I thought I could get away with it.  In my case, it would be 20 questions of "Why are you asking us to meet you here?  Why are we flying to XXXX?  Why are we packing and what are we packing for?"  And on and on and on.

But, if I thought I could get away with it, I'd love to surprise them with a cruise. It just wouldn't be a surprise. 😉

Edited by graphicguy