Visa for Malaysia?

lynnfromwigan

Not a “visa” in the formal sense of the word. I am attaching the email that I received from the US Embassy in KL. 

I had arrived in KL on December 3, not being aware of the change, and nobody said anything about it when I went through Immigration. However, a friend of mine who arrived on the same day and was also not aware of the change, was asked for it on entry. But fortunately they helped him to fill it out online and let him pass through. 

So it’s a real thing all right. 

Event:Message for U.S. Citizens:  Changes to Arrival Procedures for Travelers Entering Malaysia  

Effective December 1, 2023, all foreign travelers entering Malaysia are required to complete the Malaysia Digital Arrival Card at https://imigresen-online.imi.gov.my/mdac/main. This is an online pre-arrival form thatmust be submittedwithin three days prior to arrival in Malaysia.  U.S. citizens with permanent residence statusin Malaysia are exempt from this requirement. 

17 hours ago, Mrs. Claypool said:

Not a “visa” in the formal sense of the word. I am attaching the email that I received from the US Embassy in KL. 

I had arrived in KL on December 3, not being aware of the change, and nobody said anything about it when I went through Immigration. However, a friend of mine who arrived on the same day and was also not aware of the change, was asked for it on entry. But fortunately they helped him to fill it out online and let him pass through. 

Event:Message for U.S. Citizens:  Changes to Arrival Procedures for Travelers Entering Malaysia  

Effective December 1, 2023, all foreign travelers entering Malaysia are required to complete the Malaysia Digital Arrival Card at https://imigresen-online.imi.gov.my/mdac/main. This is an online pre-arrival form thatmust be submittedwithin three days prior to arrival in Malaysia.  U.S. citizens with permanent residence statusin Malaysia are exempt from this requirement. 

17 hours ago, Mrs. Claypool said:

I took a look at the online form. They want your name, birthdate, phone and email, passport information, dates of arrival and departure, and where you’ll be staying while in Malaysia. 

The usual arrival card stuff.  

I didn’t go any further with the process, since I am already in Malaysia. But as far as I could tell, there is nothing to upload and it doesn’t look like there are any fees to be paid. 

it is called the Malaysia Digital Arrival Card (MDAC) and it appears to apply to all foreign travelers entering the country. 

• Like 1