cost of laundry on 14 day Oosterdam

gddo

We had four bags of laundry washed on the Oosterdam during our April 5 to 30 cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to Athens. Turnaround was also always less than 24 hours, though they say to allow up to 48 hours. It must be quite an operation as they regularly provide laundry service to keep some 800 crew members looking sharp. 

Per someone's previous post, I would always write "cold wash, low heat tumble dry" on the ticket. I don't know what they actually did, but everything always seemed to come out in great shape. 

We always asked for things to just be folded. After the first bag, they took to hanging up our shirts and pants, while continuing to stack the rest in the basket with tissue paper. 

After calling guest services for pickup the first time, we realized that our stewards took care of it during their twice-daily cabin service (along with just about anything else that needed doing!) 

We didn't have any luxurious fabrics in our wardrobe, everything we had washed by the ship's laundry was pretty much cotton and cotton blends. (I also rinsed some of my lightweight long-sleeve synthetic sun shirts in the shower myself as they were lightweight and quick-drying.) 

Our first bag of laundry included 4 shirts, 4 pairs of long medium-weight pants, 6 pairs of briefs, 4 pairs of boxers, 6 pairs of socks and we probably could have even fit in a bit more. We were completely happy with the service we received. 

IMG_0008.thumb.JPG.c7e5c4d5069dfe5050ccfc7f229c4dfa.JPG 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mike_and_Co said:

We had four bags of laundry washed on the Oosterdam during our April 5 to 30 cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to Athens. Turnaround was also always less than 24 hours, though they say to allow up to 48 hours. It must be quite an operation as they regularly provide laundry service to keep some 800 crew members looking sharp. 

Per someone's previous post, I would always write "cold wash, low heat tumble dry" on the ticket. I don't know what they actually did, but everything always seemed to come out in great shape. 

We always asked for things to just be folded. After the first bag, they took to hanging up our shirts and pants, while continuing to stack the rest in the basket with tissue paper. 

After calling guest services for pickup the first time, we realized that our stewards took care of it during their twice-daily cabin service (along with just about anything else that needed doing!) 

We didn't have any luxurious fabrics in our wardrobe, everything we had washed by the ship's laundry was pretty much cotton and cotton blends. (I also rinsed some of my lightweight long-sleeve synthetic sun shirts in the shower myself as they were lightweight and quick-drying.) 

Our first bag of laundry included 4 shirts, 4 pairs of long medium-weight pants, 6 pairs of briefs, 4 pairs of boxers, 6 pairs of socks and we probably could have even fit in a bit more. We were completely happy with the service we received. 

Good to hear you were pleased w/the laundry service - they do a great job!!

We love HAL's unlimited. We send laundry out daily. We usually have 2-3 outfits each per day (workout/excursion/dinner). All of our clothes have come back in great condition. It's so nice to leave the ship with mostly clean clothes for the next stage of the vacation. It's included with a Neptune Suite, but we budget it into our OBC when we're in a Signature. To us, it's part of the splurge of going on a nice vacation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bartexas said:

We love HAL's unlimited. We send laundry out daily. We usually have 2-3 outfits each per day (workout/excursion/dinner). All of our clothes have come back in great condition. It's so nice to leave the ship with mostly clean clothes for the next stage of the vacation. It's included with a Neptune Suite, but we budget it into our OBC when we're in a Signature. To us, it's part of the splurge of going on a nice vacation.

Completely agree. We also built it into our budget until we hit the sweet spot of Mariner Status (4*) to get it free. 

• Like 1

On 12/15/2023 at 11:46 AM, Pianodolls said:

Do they have do it yourself launder matte like Princess?

Princess is the only cruise line (that I know of that has that.  I love it! ❤️

18 hours ago, shandryl said:

Princess is the only cruise line (that I know of that has that.  I love it! ❤️

Crystal and Viking Ocean have self-service laundries.