Liarsville vs. Alaska 360 (Skagway, NCL)

limu1

Hello! My family of 4 (children will be 10 and 12 yo) is sailing on the NCL Encore and stopping at Skagway in July 2024. We'll be in port from 7 am to 8:15 pm. I'm considering 2 shore excursions (both include a trip on the White Pass Railway). The first tour (5 hrs) also stops at Alaska 360 and the 2nd (6 hrs) stops at Liarsville (includes buffet at Liarsville and then a stop at the Red Onion Saloon).

Does anyone have any insight/opinions on Liarsville vs. Alaska 360? Is one "better" than the other? 

I believe Alaska 360 is the tourist trap formerly known as Caribou Crossing? I’ve always hated it but lots of people enjoy it.  The museum with the stuffed Pleistocene and modern animals and the RCMP museum are mildly interesting.  Sometimes there are puppies around.

I haven’t been to liarsville post covid, but the nice thing is that you can wander off into the woods for a bit of silence and fresh air.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, wolfie11 said:

I believe Alaska 360 is the tourist trap formerly known as Caribou Crossing? I’ve always hated it but lots of people enjoy it.  The museum with the stuffed Pleistocene and modern animals and the RCMP museum are mildly interesting.  Sometimes there are puppies around.

I haven’t been to liarsville post covid, but the nice thing is that you can wander off into the woods for a bit of silence and fresh air.

I think Caribou Crossing is now Wild Adventure Yukon:

https://www.wildadventureyukon.ca/activities

I haven't heard of Alaska 360:

https://alaska3sixty.com/en/home/

Looks like Alaska 360 is right outside of Skagway location wise.

I personally am not a fan of Liarsville but I am not in the demographic of the OP's kids. You can visit Red Onion Saloon on your own.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

Thanks, Coral!  I’ve been to the Dredge a few times.  It’s an interesting place and I enjoyed the tour of the dredge and the dog sled demo.  I think kids would enjoy that more than Liarsville.  And you can visit the Red Onion on your own if you can get in.  It always seems to be packed when I go by there.  I highly recommend Dough Boy and the spruce tip ale at Skagway Brewing.

• Like 1