HAL ROTTERDAM..... AVOID DECK 4

RICHARD@SEA

I sympathize with Richard @sea.

Once on the Zuiderdam I chose what I thought was a huge inside cabin , it was indeed.

Unfortunately , it was located under BB Kings music venue..

Once the music started , it was impossible for my wife to sleep.

Luckily , when I related our situation to customer service, they were able to relocate us to a quieter location. Problem solved. Lucky for us there was availability. 🍀

On 12/9/2023 at 1:09 PM, YourWorldWithBill said:

The strange thing is that as you spoke to so many, you were not offered a move to another cabin. Was this never an option?

On the 3rd nite(10;30 pm ) the nasty Assistant Mgr said they would move me to deck 8 below the lido the next day - the next day the Hotel Managaer said there were no available cabins.....

the ship wasn't that shifty compared to the management - by this time I had had enough.

On 12/9/2023 at 10:50 AM, Lady Arwen said:

May I ask which cruiseline you are considering instead of HAL?  We sail Princess and Celebrity as well as HAL and I can tell you each line and ship has some type of issue.  None are perfect.

What you experienced is not our experience with HAL.  Unfortunately, there are certain cabins on every ship that are noisier than others, even on the same deck.  We try to pick locations that are least likely to be a problem before we choose an actual cabin.  We research deck plans and do comparisons.  We would not choose deck 4 on a Pinnacle class ship for this reason.  Other people have no issues.  It depends on your level of tolerance for sound and vibrations.

We always enjoy the food on HAL and is, IMHO, comparable to both Princess and Celebrity.  Food is very subjective, so my experience may be different than yours and others.

Entertainment again is a matter of personal perception.  We’ve seen good, bad and awful, but it’s not something we’re really concerned with.  There is always somewhere else on the ship to find something we enjoy.

Right now I am looking at EXPLORA Cruises - as the ships are smaller & suppose to be a more luxury choice.  I have sailed on MSC & like the Euro flavor onboard - hopefully Explora will be more to my tastes.

BTW - I love the pizza & gelato on MSC  - when the Hotel Manager on HAL touted how great the pizza & Gelato were onboard ( we both had Pistachio) - i just told her HAL should get MSC recipes for both.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1