Miami pier

jwitt2

We are driving to Miami for the December 19 cruise on the Quest. We don't see a anything in our documents about to what pier to go. Last time we sailed out of Miami we had trouble finding the port, ended up in the commercial port. I would like to have the pier number to put into Waze. I also remember that several times on other lines the ship did not return to the pier from which  we had departed so we had to be shuttled to the garage where we parked. One of us waited at the curb with all of the luggage while the other took the shuttle to retrieve the car. It is not easy driving around the port.

The change of piers is always an issue on returning unless you are Regent/Oceania (Term J), NCL and RCL who have dedicated terminals.

How did you drive in -- thru the tunnel is the easiest.  What we do is use the port WEBCAM at 8am to where the ship is located.

Todays Webcam shows Regent in Terminal J and only 1 ship in cruise line row.  Seabourn has a unique shape so it should be easy to pick out...

https://www.portmiamiwebcam.com/

Screenshot 2023-12-09 132916.png

For our Sojourn sailing out of POM last month Seabourn home office said Terminals aren't assigned until close to sailing date and to check back a few days before embarcation. Seemed puzzling since the port knows which ships will be in port well in advance. In any event, updates to our boarding information in the Seabourn app did ultimately provide the Terminal number a few days before sailing. In our case it was Terminal 4 for both departure and return.

Carnival owned ships often use Terminal D, E and F depending upon how many ships are in port, what cruise lines they are from, and what their sizes are.  You may not know for sure until you see where the ship actually is.

Sometimes the Port Miami Daily Docking report is helpful, but it is not always right, sometimes ships are missing, and any of the data can change:

https://wwwx.miamidade.gov/Apps/Seaport/dailydock/Default.aspx

4 hours ago, Robisan said:

In our case it was Terminal 4 for both departure and return.

1 hour ago, stan01 said:

Carnival owned ships often use Terminal D, E and F depending upon how many ships are in port,...

Yes, Terminal D in our case, which I incorrectly remembered as terminal 4.

I called Seabourn in the Uber on the way to the port and the agent told me in which terminal the Quest was docked. We were in the first boarding group and were allowed to board at 12:40.  Suites were ready.  As we couldn’t book the TK grill beforehand, we immediately found the maitre d’ and booked our 2 allotted slots without having to wait. Later in the afternoon, the line was long.

We are getting off 12/19 and will try to save some beverages for you.

Linda

On 12/9/2023 at 1:36 PM, PaulMCO said:

The change of piers is always an issue on returning unless you are Regent/Oceania (Term J), NCL and RCL who have dedicated terminals.

How did you drive in -- thru the tunnel is the easiest.  What we do is use the port WEBCAM at 8am to where the ship is located.

Todays Webcam shows Regent in Terminal J and only 1 ship in cruise line row.  Seabourn has a unique shape so it should be easy to pick out...

https://www.portmiamiwebcam.com/

Screenshot 2023-12-09 132916.png

We went to terminal J the last 2 times. We missed the tunnel one time because there was construction that made it confusing. We had trouble finding J, it is not very well marked on the road signs. Thanks for the advice.

11 hours ago, whystayhome said:

I called Seabourn in the Uber on the way to the port and the agent told me in which terminal the Quest was docked. We were in the first boarding group and were allowed to board at 12:40.  Suites were ready.  As we couldn’t book the TK grill beforehand, we immediately found the maitre d’ and booked our 2 allotted slots without having to wait. Later in the afternoon, the line was long.

We are getting off 12/19 and will try to save some beverages for you.

Linda

Thanks for the advice. Our agent got us moved to the first boarding group. We also could not book the TK grill for my birthday at a reasonable time, had to book for NYE. After we booked a friend signed up for the cruise, so we would like to see if she can join us and hopefully switch us all to my birthday. 

Have a good cruise, and definitely save some beverages for us. 

Jo Ann

• 4 weeks later...

We found the pier E but the parking lot across the street was full. He drove around looking for another lot or garage. The shuttle never came by garage G where he parked so he had to walk 20 minutes back to terminal E. When we disembarked, the shuttle drove by but didn't stop so he had walk to the garage at G. As he pulled up to get me and our luggage, the shuttle stopped for the first time. Just wanted to warn others.