Cabana day rentals on Waikiki/ Oahu

CU64

Any of you know if this is available near Outrigger Reef Hotel Or Duke’s ….maybe at least an umbrella and chairs?

any Day Passes that are available in Hotels?….only near beach….

what have you done? Too long for us to be without a place to rest between walks, et al….restaurants 

Thanking you in advance.

17 hours ago, CU64 said:

Any of you know if this is available near Outrigger Reef Hotel Or Duke’s ….maybe at least an umbrella and chairs?

Less than you would think. I know that outside concession out front of the Royal Hawaiian the chair/umbrella set ups are limited to the guests of the Royal Hawaiian (and possibly the Sheraton) only. The public can do other things through them like outrigger canoe rides etc. 

17 hours ago, CU64 said:

any Day Passes that are available in Hotels?….only near beach….

I'm not aware of any day passes-- others might know more. 

17 hours ago, CU64 said:

what have you done? Too long for us to be without a place to rest between walks, et al….restaurants 

Short of a day pass or a beach set up, the beaches themselves are public and fully accessible. You can bring a towel and sit on the beach. Things like the beach bars at the RH (Mai Tai Bar) and Moana Surfrider are very close to the beach. 

Try googling beach chair rentals Waikiki and several places will pop up,  I'm thinking of doing that as well.  I remember seeing a vendor right on the beach last year, closer to the Royal Hawaiian.  Don't remember what they were charging.  Good luck!

10 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

Less than you would think. I know that outside concession out front of the Royal Hawaiian the chair/umbrella set ups are limited to the guests of the Royal Hawaiian (and possibly the Sheraton) only. The public can do other things through them like outrigger canoe rides etc. 

I'm not aware of any day passes-- others might know more. 

Short of a day pass or a beach set up, the beaches themselves are public and fully accessible. You can bring a towel and sit on the beach. Things like the beach bars at the RH (Mai Tai Bar) and Moana Surfrider are very close to the beach. 

7 hours ago, marden1970 said:

Try googling beach chair rentals Waikiki and several places will pop up,  I'm thinking of doing that as well.  I remember seeing a vendor right on the beach last year, closer to the Royal Hawaiian.  Don't remember what they were charging.  Good luck!

I am thinking of revising my plan. After Pearl Harbor on our own, Uber back to port area where the shopping center and nice beach within walking distance of ship. …then …rest on ship. Uber to Waikiki in late afternoon to dine at Hula Grill and walk around that area, during sunset. 

13 hours ago, CU64 said:

After Pearl Harbor on our own, Uber back to port area where the shopping center and nice beach within walking distance of ship. …then …rest on ship. Uber to Waikiki in late afternoon to dine at Hula Grill and walk around that area, during sunset. 

Not a bad plan. Waikiki is fun but its not the nicest beach in Hawaii-- if you are going to other islands most likely you'll find a better beach experience. But its definitely worth going to Waikiki, walking around, and seeing it. 

Would highly recommend the Mai Tai Bar at the Royal Hawaiian for a drink-- right on the beach an very lively.

Hula Grill is good and fun but keep in mind you can get basically the same thing at Dukes in Maui and Kauai (not to mention the one right there in Waikiki), the other Hula Grill in Kaanapali, Leilanis also on Kaanapali, and Keokis on Poipu Beach in Kauai. Not to say you shouldn't go but might be fun to try some of the diverse food scene in Honolulu and save the Hula experience for during the cruise. (Tonkatsu Tamafuji is one of the best pork katsus I've had outside of Japan as an example). 

Look at ResortPass.com.

https://www.resortpass.com/hotel-day-passes/Honolulu-35

The availability is always dependent on how crowded the resort is. No one on the beach offers resort passes or cabanas, and the cabanas can be so expensive ($180+ at a decent place) that getting a room makes as much sense.

13 hours ago, scottca075 said:

Look at ResortPass.com.

https://www.resortpass.com/hotel-day-passes/Honolulu-35

The availability is always dependent on how crowded the resort is. No one on the beach offers resort passes or cabanas, and the cabanas can be so expensive ($180+ at a decent place) that getting a room makes as much sense.

We are getting a room at Outrigger Waikiki. Very happy with my decision.

• Like 1