CruiseNext DoubleUp promo, ANY staterooms 4 months+ ahead ANY sailings - Happy Holiday Bookings

mking8288

1 hour ago, Middleager said:

NCL can have temporary system issue, with messed expiration dates messed up, it doesn't mean it won't get fixed. 

It should be an important issue for NCL because expiration dates do force people wanting to use them, and book cruises.

I wouldn't believe that my certs all of a sudden have no or 2099 expiration dates, without fixes in the future.  NCL system, no matter how bad it may be, has the original expiration dates.  They have many backups. 

I had worked in IT, and yes we do at times have to recover from backups. 

Or it could be a legal issue, akin to state regulations with respect to expiration dates on gift cards.

Word from NCL is that it isn't a glitch.

37 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Or it could be a legal issue, akin to state regulations with respect to expiration dates on gift cards.

Word from NCL is that it isn't a glitch.

Ok, if that's true it's a welcoming change.

In Ontario, the government also mandated that GCs cannot expire.  But many companies get around this by calling them cash cards, point cards (points equal to some cash value), store voucher,  with expiration dates, and those do expire.

If NCL had lawsuits to force them to change, to no expiration dates for those existing CN or CF certs, that'd allow us to keep them longer.

What happens with already expired certs can be tricky, because how much liabilities would that bring to NCL, or other cruiselines.

59 minutes ago, Suetravel said:

... Are you planning on sailing that Alaska cruise? Lol

Sure, maybe will re-consider if NCL offers free double meta upgrades, combined with DoubleUp and extra Latitude points ... triple points for last minute booking.  Everyone, nearly, I suspect received the same generic offer with 10% off.  There're some amazing deals this September, end of the Alaska season on different lines ... over-capacity.  

I'm sure you probably know this, that 10% off is really for one person listed, thus only 5% off the base fare - 2 pax sailing in the same cabin will need 2x 10% off to truly get 10% off the base fare.  Slick marketing terms buried in the fine prints & disclosures within T&C.  Do a mock booking to price the itinerary and you'll see the "huge" saving 😆  

If a fraction of NCL's core customer base flock to book with the offer soon, that sailing will sell out close to lifeboat capacity.  Free DSC included, as some TA are known to sometimes offer - then, it's a better deal, stacked together.  

10 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Sure, maybe will re-consider if NCL offers free double meta upgrades, combined with DoubleUp and extra Latitude points ... triple points for last minute booking.  Everyone, nearly, I suspect received the same generic offer with 10% off.  There're some amazing deals this September, end of the Alaska season on different lines ... over-capacity.  

I'm sure you probably know this, that 10% off is really for one person listed, thus only 5% off the base fare - 2 pax sailing in the same cabin will need 2x 10% off to truly get 10% off the base fare.  Slick marketing terms buried in the fine prints & disclosures within T&C.  Do a mock booking to price the itinerary and you'll see the "huge" saving 😆  

If a fraction of NCL's core customer base flock to book with the offer soon, that sailing will sell out close to lifeboat capacity.  Free DSC included, as some TA are known to sometimes offer - then, it's a better deal, stacked together.  

I did a mock booking for this cruise, adding the 10% off coupon (solo cruiser) and then tried to add both of my CN certs.  It would only accept one, with the disclaimer that only 2 vouchers could be used on one cruise. It was more cost effective for me to use the 2 CN certs than the 10% off. Still more than I want to pay so will wait until after final payment and reconsider booking, based on promos between now and end of summer and what is left of inventory (not really too picky on where I am on the ship). 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

I did a mock booking for this cruise, adding the 10% off coupon (solo cruiser) and then tried to add both of my CN certs.  It would only accept one, with the disclaimer that only 2 vouchers could be used on one cruise. It was more cost effective for me to use the 2 CN certs than the 10% off. Still more than I want to pay so will wait until after final payment and reconsider booking, based on promos between now and end of summer and what is left of inventory (not really too picky on where I am on the ship). 

Pretty sure you can only apply 2 certs, of any kind, when booking online. 2nd CN should be accepted as a payment, after booking is done.

• Thanks 1