Caribbean Level

amajaa

20 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We like a calendar on the kitchen wall where we can see everything at a glance.  If we used the calendars on our phones we would each be aware of what the other has planned so could agree to something when the other one wasn't  available.

I do put my plans on my phone if I need a reminder to go somewhere or do something important.

Us too! OH knows he’s not allowed to book anything without checking the calendar 🤣🤣

53 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Don't care for silly Apples with all their own connections that cost a fortune to replace, much happier with my user friendly Samsung and it's dead simple Android OS.

The new iPhone 15 and the iPad from 2022 now have usb-C ports following EU pressure, to standardise in USB-C ports. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-66708571

45 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We like a calendar on the kitchen wall where we can see everything at a glance.  If we used the calendars on our phones we would each be aware of what the other has planned so could agree to something when the other one wasn't  available.

I do put my plans on my phone if I need a reminder to go somewhere or do something important.

My phone sends me a reminder that I need to be somewhere, but doesn't always tell me where, or why.🤣

• Haha 1

Our copy of the Moments magazine landed by post last week. We get them at least twice a year and are only Mediterranean level at the moment. 

Also would be lost without my wall calendar - everything goes on it including birthdays, appointments and holidays. My hubby would be lost without it. 

If it doesn't normally arrive until just before Christmas wil it fit through the letterbox otherwise it might be sat on the doorstep? I will give the neighbours a heads up to look out for it if that's the case

Edited by amajaa
Spell check changed my neighbours to neighbors 😒

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

The new iPhone 15 and the iPad from 2022 now have usb-C ports following EU pressure, to standardise in USB-C ports. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-66708571

And already Apple are trying to work out how to make a standard connector proprietary, they are planning on crippling those that are not official apple ones down to USB 2 from USB 3.1

51 minutes ago, Advanced Diver said:

And already Apple are trying to work out how to make a standard connector proprietary, they are planning on crippling those that are not official apple ones down to USB 2 from USB 3.1

If they do then I would expect to see anti-trust cases filed against Apple. 

2 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Given the demand for wall calendars on this forum, if I receive one this year I’m going to auction it off to the highest bidder 😂

Perhaps I should have done that when mine arrived, in the same envelope as Moments, a few days ago, but I'm afraid I just bunged it in the bin. I think you need to be Caribbean or higher to get the calendar, as I think it's the first one I've had, but I thought that all Peninsular Club tiers got the magazine. Anyone who isn'rt getting them might want to check which categories they've ticked regarding info that they want to recive from P&O by post.

22 minutes ago, jh1809 said:

Perhaps I should have done that when mine arrived, in the same envelope as Moments, a few days ago, but I'm afraid I just bunged it in the bin. I think you need to be Caribbean or higher to get the calendar, as I think it's the first one I've had, but I thought that all Peninsular Club tiers got the magazine. Anyone who isn'rt getting them might want to check which categories they've ticked regarding info that they want to recive from P&O by post.

My moments arrived after my first post in here but no calender 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jh1809 said:

I think you need to be Caribbean or higher to get the calendar, as I think it's the first one I've had, but I thought that all Peninsular Club tiers got the magazine.

Just checked and yes you are correct. I’d forgotten that we became Caribbean tier just before Covid. We only started cruising again this year, so these were the first cruises where the benefits kicked in - hence me thinking that we had moved up more recently. We’ve been getting the magazine for donkeys years though, but haven’t had the latest yet. 

The tier values have been severely diminished with the advent of all this OBC. On my last cruise I struggled to get rid of my £300 OBC and ended up spending £2.80 of my own money which netted me the grand 10% discount total of 28p. The slippers are not much use but I take the bag home. You don't get a dining preference on Arvia/Iona so if you don't drive or use a coach, not one from Kent. You are left with the half bottle of fizz and a lunch plus cocktail party.

You are also left with the perk of reserving a cabin, what a cheek. On Marella it costs from £55 for the cabin, not per person.

31 minutes ago, davecttr said:

The tier values have been severely diminished with the advent of all this OBC. On my last cruise I struggled to get rid of my £300 OBC and ended up spending £2.80 of my own money which netted me the grand 10% discount total of 28p. The slippers are not much use but I take the bag home. You don't get a dining preference on Arvia/Iona so if you don't drive or use a coach, not one from Kent. You are left with the half bottle of fizz and a lunch plus cocktail party.

You are also left with the perk of reserving a cabin, what a cheek. On Marella it costs from £55 for the cabin, not per person.

That’s why I try to book during periods when there is little or no OBC. We all know that P&O use OBC to encourage bookings during quieter periods, so a £2,000 cruise with no OBC suddenly becomes £2,500 with £500 OBC and people think they are getting a great offer! For those of us with decent loyalty discount, it’s obviously better to get the lower cruise price and then enjoy the discount on onboard spend. 

• Like 2