Online Check-In

sjpo

As we have booked our Christmas cruise on NCL Star through a Brazilian travel agent, everything that involves payment or credit card details has to go via the NCL representatives in Sao Paulo (who are still failing to impress me), therefore we cannot complete the online check in as it asks for mode of payment but it is not a purchase therefore the above named representatives also cannot do anything about it.

Would anybody know if the online check-in is essential or could it easily be done at the cruise terminal in Buenos Aires? Thanks

I will certainly never, ever book another NCL cruise through a Brazilian agency ( quite a list of inconveniences this has caused) although we did it because we loved her service in many other cruises.

Just click the box that says 'cash' and you can give your credit card info at the port.

And last week in Miami, no one even asked to see our bar code or edocs to enter the building or go thru security so I think you will be fine with the incomplete check-in online. 

The mode of payment requested at your check-in should have nothing to do with how you are paying for your cruise. It's how you are planning to pay for your onboard purchases. But if it's not allowing you to enter a CC, then as has already been suggested, just enter cash.

Yes, you can check in at the port BUT it's to your benefit to check-in in advance so that you get you e-docs.  Those contain a lot of information and can be helpful if there are any questions regarding what you've paid for, etc.

• 2 weeks later...