Typhoid and Hep A and B vaccines

Lorenky

Hello. We’re taking a cruise in April on Celebrity and one of the stops is the Dominican Republic. I’m reading that the CDC is recommending a typhoid vaccine and also hepatitis A and B vaccines? We’re just taking an excursion. I don’t think it even includes food, just four or five hours, and then we’re back to the ship. I don’t think any of the other ports require anything. Do people get these vaccinations before cruising if going to the Dominican Republic? Thanks

33 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

Typically no, Most people that cruise only get the Vaccinations that are mandated. 

Thank you. I was hoping that was the case. I don’t mind vaccines in general, but lately, I’ve begun to feel like a pincushion.

You can get Hepatitis A anywhere you eat, even in the U.S. I am told that Hepatitis B is harder to get, unless you have sex with someone who is infected. Typhoid I know nothing about---consult your doctor. And yes, my wife and I were advised by our doctor to get vaccinated against Hepatitis A before our week-long land vacation in the DR.

Edited by Langoustine
  • Like 1