Have you ever seen this before: minimum bid for sky suite and celebrity suite the same???

dleahy4444

Move Up just opened on the 3/2/24 sailing of the Apex. The minimum bid for a regular sky suite is the same as the minimum on a celebrity suite. Some  upgraded sky suite staterooms: sunset sky suite and aqua sky suite have minimums several hundred less then the regular standard sky suite. There are plenty of every category of sky suite in the website inventory. Strangely the all the minimum bids are very high, much higher than my upcoming cruise on the Ascent, yet on the website the regular cruise fare is substantially less on the Apex. I’m booked a Veranda room on both sailings. What gives?

47 minutes ago, dleahy4444 said:

Move Up just opened on the 3/2/24 sailing of the Apex. The minimum bid for a regular sky suite is the same as the minimum on a celebrity suite. Some  upgraded sky suite staterooms: sunset sky suite and aqua sky suite have minimums several hundred less then the regular standard sky suite. There are plenty of every category of sky suite in the website inventory. Strangely the all the minimum bids are very high, much higher than my upcoming cruise on the Ascent, yet on the website the regular cruise fare is substantially less on the Apex. I’m booked a Veranda room on both sailings. What gives?

The bids vary depending on cabin category you are bidding on and how valuable your existing cabin is to someone else.  It is what will generate the most additional revenue.  

6 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The bids vary depending on cabin category you are bidding on and how valuable your existing cabin is to someone else.  It is what will generate the most additional revenue.  

True. But I’ve been participating in both Celebrity MoveUp and Royal Up since the inception of these programs and I have never seen an entry level minimum be the same as of upper level suite several categories higher. It’s not as if the entry level sky suite is at a premium, there are plenty of them. 

11 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I'm in a Sunset Veranda and my parent are in a infinite veranda and their move up to a Sky Suite is less than mine.

20 minutes ago, Tyler414 said:

My move-up just opened today and had every intention on a SS bid, but min was $1580pp.  Not sure I want to spend that on basically a larger cabin and the Retreat spaces.  I already have a Sunset Veranda which I love. 

May I ask on what ship and sail date? I agree, that is really a high minimum.  I’m going on the ascent in January and the minimum for a SS was 775pp. I am also in a sunset veranda on that sailing, so I’m not sure I’ll bid. On the Apex 3/2 sailing the minimum is 2000pp. Crazy.im in an infinite veranda on that one. Will not be bidding. 

1 minute ago, dleahy4444 said:

May I ask on what ship and sail date? I agree, that is really a high minimum.  I’m going on the ascent in January and the minimum for a SS was 775pp. I am also in a sunset veranda on that sailing, so I’m not sure I’ll bid. On the Apex 3/2 sailing the minimum is 2000pp. Crazy.im in an infinite veranda on that one. Will not be bidding. 

Beyond  3/1  10 days ultimate southern caribbean.