I just came back from the dry cleaners… 😬

mawvkysc

10 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Use Luggage Direct - overweight fees do not apply when using LD 😑 

Apparently it's only in Ft. Lauderdale and Seattle; and you sign up for it on the ship. So, how do you get all that dry cleaning to the ship?

45 minutes ago, Bill B said:

Apparently it's only in Ft. Lauderdale and Seattle; and you sign up for it on the ship. So, how do you get all that dry cleaning to the ship?

Many cruisers repory also using Luggage Direct at the start; I have only used it at the end. I plan on researching using it on the front end so I can really be "hands free!" I fully tested the no weight limit charge on Sunday when I disembarked NS - my large bag weighed in at 90# thanks to European ports w/cheap wine!!

And in Seattle, the $25 fee is covered by the city of Seattle, making it an even better deal. 😊

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Many cruisers repory also using Luggage Direct at the start; I have only used it at the end. I plan on researching using it on the front end so I can really be "hands free!" I fully tested the no weight limit charge on Sunday when I disembarked NS - my large bag weighed in at 90# thanks to European ports w/cheap wine!!

And in Seattle, the $25 fee is covered by the city of Seattle, making it an even better deal. 😊

@Haljo1935  I was reading the info about this recently and it said airline baggage fees apply. Is that not true?  If it is true and you have status with an airline how does that work?

Edited by Mary229

2 hours ago, Bill B said:

Don’t worry folks.  I live within driving distance!  👍 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mary229 said:

@Haljo1935  I was reading the info about this recently and it said airline baggage fees apply. Is that not true?  If it is true and you have status with an airline how does that work?

Yes, to a degree airline baggage fees do apply, except when the program makes an exception (such as waiving the weight limits/overage fees). For those with status, you provide your loyalty number and that is verified then used to calculate fees; same for those w/airline CC benefits. 

I can confirm it works as I have not paid luggage fees when using Luggage Direct due to my Advantage status w/AA, which also applied to AK Air. I do pay the $25 LD program fee in FLL (it's waived in Seattle) which I let OBC take care of 🤭 One could also use OBC for the fees if they don't have airline status or have extra bags to check.

• Thanks 1

We have used Direct Luggage many times and love the convenience.  It is well worth the money.   Our direct flight has always been at 4 or 5 pm and using DL allowed us to enjoy our day without dragging our luggage around or waiting for the 4 hour window to check it with the airline.  We strongly recommend the service.  HOWEVER, this time our flight is at 9 pm.  I seem to remember flights out of FLL needed to be before a certain time to use DL?  Does anyone have a form that they could check the cutoff time for me?  Thanks. 

On 12/13/2023 at 12:19 AM, Bill B said:

First, buy a home or condo in Fort Lauderdale. Next, get a big, big suitcase and load it up. Take Uber, Lyft or a taxi to the ship. No flight cost. No bag fees.

Never mind. The cost of the housing might eat into your savings. 😁

• Haha 2

On 12/12/2023 at 4:58 PM, mawvkysc said:

I’ve come to the conclusion that next time I’ll just take a HAL cruise. If I take all of dry cleaning with me I’ll save enough that I’ll break even. 😃 

Don't laugh. My dearly beloved always finds a suit that needs dry cleaning and brings it onboard. Unapologetic I might add. It's ridiculous...

I remember a post from many, many years ago. It was about a man who decided to bring all his cruise clothes, which needed dry cleaning. This was in the days of formal and informal evenings, and may have been after only the first and last nights were what was then elegant casual. 
When he went to send everything he had for evening out to be readied, he learned that the dry cleaning machines were broken, and would not be fixed during the cruise. He had nothing to wear to dinner for any evening on the cruise. 

Oops! 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Midwest Sunseeker said:

We have used Direct Luggage many times and love the convenience...We strongly recommend the service.  HOWEVER, this time our flight is at 9 pm.  I seem to remember flights out of FLL needed to be before a certain time to use DL?  Does anyone have a form that they could check the cutoff time for me?  Thanks. 

FLL flights need to be scheduled to leave by midnight, except SW which has a 6pm deadline.

20231215_042015.thumb.jpg.7af683e5ffbe7cd048c3b6293c203001.jpg

Full LD packet

20231215_041916.thumb.jpg.4d2179054d9a09c9b15e4f1dfab5046a.jpg20231215_041811.thumb.jpg.1c9f8447b0e2071dae16dd10c342cd75.jpg20231215_041755.thumb.jpg.2b154cb0d975d208c7a117066f7264cd.jpg20231215_041742.thumb.jpg.c2cbc9ca42ff98a86cc1e662c5e12889.jpg

• Thanks 1