Something positive about Celebrity - Millie is great

vhojm

8 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

We did our first and only, so far, M-class sailing on Millie last April - May. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Things that may stand out to you - fewer specialty dining options = only Le Petite Chef, Tuscan, and Sushi on Five.  

Cellar Masters and the Rendezvous Lounge are very nice venues but tend to get very crowded and sometimes the guest talking made it difficult to enjoy the entrainment in these venue's but if you get the right seats they are both very nice and relaxing places to hang out. 

One would think that they would replace LPC with a Muranos ... 

Any suggestions on the best place to sit in Rendezvous or Cellar Masters?

2 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

One would think that they would replace LPC with a Muranos ... 

Any suggestions on the best place to sit in Rendezvous or Cellar Masters?

The times we were in the Rendezvous Lounge we sat in the center just forward of the bar when we could.  We also sat on the raised portion on the port side a few times when we could not get the central seats. 

For Cellar Masters we preferred the starboard side close to the area where the performers were.  There was a lot of foot traffic there but the one time I sat at the tabletop in the center, the other people at the table were more interested in talking loudly with each other than listening to the lady playing the guitar and singing so I did not even bother to finish my drink before leaving. 

My plan for our next sailing is to get seats at the bar as much as possible in both venue's.   

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2023 at 5:20 PM, debfed65 said:

Although we are not in a Suite, I would love to see some pics of the ship and hear about the ports of call on the Spice Route!  

Here are some of my pictures from the Millennium [photo album], after being revolutionized, when I sailed on her in 2019. 

1 hour ago, tomcruiser1234 said:

Nice post.  Yes Milli is an example of why X needs to double down and revolutionize the other older ships. Milli is a favorite of this class 

I do not quite agree.  We found the drawer storage space in the Sky Suite to be quite lacking and the furniture in the room and the Retreat Lounge not as comfortable as on a non-revolutionized ship. 

26 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I do not quite agree.  We found the drawer storage space in the Sky Suite to be quite lacking and the furniture in the room and the Retreat Lounge not as comfortable as on a non-revolutionized ship. 

In my personal opinion, revolutionizing M-class ships was a huge and much needed improvement for the vast majority of passengers. It addressed issue of tired and old cabins, brought improvements to cabin bathrooms, refreshed the outdated look of many of the public areas, modernized Oceanview Cafe, and more.

Where I believe Celebrity totally missed the mark when revolutionizing M-class ships was The Retreat. I strongly dislike the changes done to the suites and Michael's Club/The Retreat Lounge. Storage and functionality are recurring complaints, as reported countless times on this board. The suite bathrooms were downgraded in terms of materials and feel plasticky now. The balcony furniture is ill fitting, feels cheap, uninviting and are downright uncomfortable. Michael's Club/The Retreat Lounge's furniture is also uncomfortable and the overall ambiance of the space lacks refinement. The Retreat Sundeck is a nice addition, but it desperately needs shaded areas. Generally speaking, I prefer to provide positive and constructive feedback and avoid being negative, but Celebrity needs to hear honest feedback from their valued guests on what is not working, so they can serve us all better in the future.

Edited by tjunmin
  • Like 1