Problems on the Queen Victoria?

babs135

21 hours ago, Lindagop said:

all history now

I disagree - you have obviously made numerous complaints when on board which will have been recorded.  We had an issue with smells in our cabin on a segment of QM2 world cruise in 2019.  It was followed up on board but never completely resolved.  We raised the issue with customer services on our return via email -  they were aware - we had a telephone call within a couple of weeks and were given a refund (not credit) of 10% of the cost of the trip. Persist with your complaint.

• Like 4

On 1/12/2024 at 7:21 AM, Lindagop said:

We had cabin 8172 on our 11 - 23 December 23 cruise on the Queen Victoria .Pertaining to the ship condition - immediately upon boarding we went up to our deck 8 cabin. We excitedly opened the cabin door and were  met with the most intense stomach turning smell- we opened the cabin door and it was unbearable. My husband and I immediately agreed - this was the worst start to an exciting anticipated first Cunard cruise - this after cruising multiple other cruise lines. As we were about to leave our cabin to immediately go to customer service -we encountered our cabin attendant and he introduced himself. We greeted him and explained we did not want to be rude or offensive but the cabin smell was not tolerable. He entered the cabin with us saying he would and did spray something into the cabin drain.  He left we waited 10 minutes and it did nothing. We then left and went down to the customer service desk where whilst standing in line were approached by an officer in uniform who asked why we were there - we explained -he then wrote something on his note pad and then said to go back to our cabin as house keeping would meet us there in a few minutes. We did this - well waited and waited approx 40 minutes (this with the balcony door open ) as the smell was awful. No one arrived - we decided to leave the cabin and go back to customer service. As we opened the cabin door at the cabin directly across was a uniformed person from housekeeping with an obviously recognizable maintenance person. We immediately asked - were they there for our cabin smell - answer was no they were there for the cabin noises in the opposite cabin which had been complained about - we explained our situation - they both entered and they called the cabin steward who once again sprayed in their presence and told us the smell would go away. It never did - on one sea day we returned to our cabin and a few feet away the maintenance team were on a ladder - with some ceiling tiles removed in the corridor- they said this was to fix the smell. It did not and The only way we could bearable use our bathroom was to first spray my husbands aftershave everywhere , wait a few minutes and then enter leaving the bathroom door open. We told our cabin attendant many times the smell was still extreme and each time he said he would spray again - it did nothing - he/ the ship maintenance obviously knew this was a huge smell problem and nothing was done - we are not in any way faulting our steward - what we’re his option s and our cabin was always clean and he tried. We although enjoying the elegance and “old world cruising style” just donot at this point have a desire to cruise with Cunard and on the Queen Victoria again - after spending 12 nights  with this awful smell -  Is there a communication breakdown within the ship. 

Right away you should have refused to move into the cabin, I understand this is your experience, my experience has always been Cunard has always been proactive whenever I have had issues on board. Being assertive without being rude especially whilst onboard and not waiting until the cruise is over is the way I have dealt with the very few problems I have encountered. 

• 2 weeks later...

We were on this cruise from 11th Dec-23rd Dec no banging noises heard or shuddering felt but due to the Bay of Biscay we were given a day room on Deck 1 going out and a different one also on Deck 1 coming back. Initially on Deck 6 though.

Therefore reading the comments about no room available to spare for the bad smell seems strange. It was a pretty full cruise but I find it hard to believe this was for the full duration of the cruise as there are always passengers disembarking and embarking. Would definitely complain and ask for a partial refund.