Boarding update (from Miami)

raphael360

I just now boarded Scarlet here in Miami, my 7th cruise from Miami. And a lot has changed since my last cruise in June - to the better. All these times are approx. and your mileage may vary. 
     First off, now there are 2 x  Party queues outside for members of the Sailors Club and Splash of Romance passengers. I arrived at noon, checked in my suitcase, went inside the terminal and was able check in on the first floor.

I was then invited to get in the Party queue outside for a 45 minute wait. Nice. (On my last 6 cruises I had to wait outside the terminal doors with a hoard of my new best friends until approximately 12:30 when we were allowed in jam though the double doors and line up inside on the first floor.) The new queues outside were a delightful improvement.

At 1:00 pm I was invited up the escalator and directly to security as I was pre-checked in earlier. Score!

After my romantic and exciting security pat down, I entered the departure lounge and grabbed a seat until boarding was announced.
     This is where it gets different: on my other 6 cruises, Splash of Romance boarded first followed bySailors Club. But today Sailors Club members boarded first 😃👍🏻  I was scanned in and in my room in less than 10 minutes AND my checked bag was waiting for me. Very cool. 
     I’m currently typing this post on my iPhone while drinking my first of many many cappuccinos at the Grind so please excuse my typos. 
     Final thoughts:  I to booked my shows and headed to the Galley for at quick bite. It was completely empty at 2:30. Sweet. 

• Like 3

We boarded Valiant Lady yesterday and had the exact same experience, which was a good thing. Being a Sailor club member we were boarded after the Rock Stars and before the Romance Group.

We started to board at 1:50. We got to the port around 1pm.  There’s no benefit in getting to the port early, since all you do is cue up and then wait in the waiting area.

• Like 1