Royal/Celebrity Status Match and Benefits

ChiGal1962

I'm considering booking a sailing on the Odyssey transatlantic next spring. I have Elite status on Celebrity, which would match to Diamond on Royal. According to the benefit chart, there is some sort of discount on balcony rooms. But when I try to book on the RC site, it doesn't appear to recognize my status match. So do I need to call? 

I will also be traveling with my aunt, who does not have status on either line. I assume she does not benefit from my match, right? Like the daily drinks, wine discounts or internet time? 

2 hours ago, ChiGal1962 said:

I'm considering booking a sailing on the Odyssey transatlantic next spring. I have Elite status on Celebrity, which would match to Diamond on Royal. According to the benefit chart, there is some sort of discount on balcony rooms. But when I try to book on the RC site, it doesn't appear to recognize my status match. So do I need to call? 

I will also be traveling with my aunt, who does not have status on either line. I assume she does not benefit from my match, right? Like the daily drinks, wine discounts or internet time? 

Sometimes a balcony discount is not applicable, depending on what other discounts are being applied.  I would certainly call C&A and get their help with that.  800-526-9723

Correct:  your aunt gets no perks.

7 hours ago, ChiGal1962 said:

Hello,

I am only theorising as I have no first hand knowledge, but my theory is this.

You have Elite status on X and therefore Diamond status on Royal but whilst you have the STATUS you don't have the POINTS.

The on-line booking system is looking at the C&A points to apply the discounts, but as you don't have the points it is not applying the discounts.

But as I said, this is only my theory and others may know more.

But whether right or not, best you contact Royal or use a good TA.

Regards,

Cublet