Carnival Horizon vs. Celebrity Reflection??

norwane

6 hours ago, kwokpot said:

I concur with all the points you have made. Within the span of a few months we will have or will be sailing on four different cruises lines; Just completed a cruise on the new NCL Viva (after a hiatus of 6 years); A Christmas cruise on Royal's Anthem of the Seas; A B2B on Celebrity's Ascent in January; And Carnival's Celebration in February. It will be a great way to compare and contrast the current state of the mainstream cruiselines. I still suspect Celebrity will remain our favorite cruiseline despite some drawbacks that are important to me (namely a more robust Spa thermal suite that includes a water feature and more non-heated lounging space).

How is X with tables for 2 in the mdr? Are they 6 inches apart ?

38 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

How is X with tables for 2 in the mdr? Are they 6 inches apart ?

It can vary with ship class and also dining room (The E-Class ships have four main dining rooms each with it's own decor). Sometimes it's not an issue, sometimes the tables are too close. Sometimes we will be assigned a four table which gives us plenty of room. I don't know if loyalty status has anything to do with that. In any case if we don't like the table location we will always ask to change tables regardless of which cruiseline we're sailing. 

Edit: I specifically took this picture to show how close the tables were front to back. This was on the Celebrity Beyond, which at the time of the photo was the flagship. It's in one of the four main dining rooms. 

PXL_20221103_232130482 (1).jpg

Edited by kwokpot

19 hours ago, kwokpot said:

It can vary with ship class and also dining room (The E-Class ships have four main dining rooms each with it's own decor). Sometimes it's not an issue, sometimes the tables are too close. Sometimes we will be assigned a four table which gives us plenty of room. I don't know if loyalty status has anything to do with that. In any case if we don't like the table location we will always ask to change tables regardless of which cruiseline we're sailing. 

Edit: I specifically took this picture to show how close the tables were front to back. This was on the Celebrity Beyond, which at the time of the photo was the flagship. It's in one of the four main dining rooms. 

PXL_20221103_232130482 (1).jpg

thank you for answering all of my questions. That doesn't look bad at all.

Edited by Illbcruzn4life