How is Celebrity for kids?

yvr49

Our 9 year old has been on 9 cruises and 3 have been on Celebrity.  It is hands down her favorite cruise line.  The kids club is very engaging and she loves going there and making new friends.  

We went on a Xmas cruise 2 years ago and they made it so fun for the kids!  Santa came onboard via a lifeboat and danced around greeting all.  He even sat in a chair and gave X themed gifts to all the children.  

For those saying they wouldn't put their children through an X cruise- might need to change their tune.  CoCo Cay will be a port very soon.  

We sailed on Celebrity many times with my youngest son, starting when he was 7.  He always had a good time.  As he got older he learned about other, more fun (for him) ships such as Royal and he definitely would have preferred them.  But all in all he always had a good time.  DH and I both worked fulltime so it was nice not to have all the bells and whistles so to speak as it meant we could spend more time as a family.  We swam together, played board games (some of which we brought from home), enjoyed the shows (even in his younger years), and just enjoyed some family time.  As he got older, he brought our laptop (no tablets back then LOL) and downloaded video games to play and movies to watch.  He also brought books and comics for his own quiet time.  I'm sure your kids will do fine, as long as expectations are set for the older ones especially.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2023 at 4:06 PM, yvr49 said:

We want to do a family cruise in August 2024.  I had been looking at RCI and Princess (with which I'm very familiar) but literally the only dates and itinerary that will work for all of us are on Celebrity Solstice.  Celebrity is new to us and I am wondering if they have kids' programs which would work for our 3 littles aged 5, 7 and 9.  I would appreciate any and all comments or advice.  Thanks!

My daughter age 8 thinks that the kids club on Solstice (4th July sailing to Alaska 20223) is the best so far, even better than Disney Magic, Royal Harmony of the Seas! She has been on 2 Princess, 1 RCL, 1 Disney, and 2 Celebrity. 

I would say S class ship is great for my daughter. However, she doesn't like the kids club on E class (Apex), which is small and dark and is like located In a basement! (On deck 3).

If you take a S class, your kids should have a great time based on my daughter's experience.

On 12/17/2023 at 8:15 AM, MartiniBarhooked said:

I always say if you want to punish your child take them on a Celebrity Cruise.  

Why would you say that? We sailed on Celebrity with friends and their grandchildren many times. The kids always had a fantastic time. 

For the OP - we've been on two Alaska cruises and several Christmas cruises on Celebrity and there are always a LOT of kids. Like hundreds ... your kids likely won't be wanting for other kids their own age.