hotel recommendation's after a cruise

seahorse001

Hi all

I am disembarking a cruise in January (13th) 2024 would not have much time to see the island. I am therefore thinking of staying on for approx. 5 days and fly home then. I know very little about Antigua and am just doing my research.

My budget is low, can anyone recommend a relatively inexpensive hotel/inn I could book. My requirements would be a pool and breakfast in the establishment in the mornings and somewhere i could walk too for dinner. Not too far out as I will not have a car . I am a single lady travelling solo ,so don't want to be walking  about after dark anywhere quiet. I don't mind a busy part of the island. I will take a taxi back to the airport.

Thanks in advance 

2 hours ago, seahorse001 said:

Hi all

I am disembarking a cruise in January (13th) 2024 would not have much time to see the island. I am therefore thinking of staying on for approx. 5 days and fly home then. I know very little about Antigua and am just doing my research.

My budget is low, can anyone recommend a relatively inexpensive hotel/inn I could book. My requirements would be a pool and breakfast in the establishment in the mornings and somewhere i could walk too for dinner. Not too far out as I will not have a car . I am a single lady travelling solo ,so don't want to be walking  about after dark anywhere quiet. I don't mind a busy part of the island. I will take a taxi back to the airport.

Thanks in advance 

Feel the best people to answer this question will be the Tourist Board, knowing they have an internal list of quality Guest Houses and small boutique hotels that would fit one’s criteria.  
Here is the link for all questions.  https://www.visitantiguabarbuda.com/contact-us/

Hi all

Thanks in advance 

If on a budget , then consider the local bus service to see the sights … inexpensive and reliable 

Link - http://www.busstopanu.com

2 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Feel the best people to answer this question will be the Tourist Board, knowing they have an internal list of quality Guest Houses and small boutique hotels that would fit one’s criteria.  
Here is the link for all questions.  https://www.visitantiguabarbuda.com/contact-us/

thanks for your reply Port Royal. Yes i have already looked at the tourist board website.. Some of heir recommendations seem to be out of date and the search engine on their site is not too good. I was looking more for personal recommendations by people who have stayed in a place . 

thanks for your reply Port Royal. Yes i have already looked at the tourist board website.. Some of heir recommendations seem to be out of date and the search engine on their site is not too good. I was looking more for personal recommendations by people who have stayed in a place . 

Never stayed there, but asked a friend who used to have a beach bar, and he suggested one asks questions of, plus prices by sending a missive to.

https://cortslandantigua.com/contact-us/

He mentioned it was not the cheapest, but could suit.

Remember Antigua Hotels always have been considered on the high side, because of the short revenue seasons and high taxes.

• Like 1