Sydneysiders: How easy is it to take a train to Circular Quay?

charliedalrymple

We will be boarding the Majestic Princess at Circular Quay this Friday, December 22.  We are taking the train from Canberra to Sydney Central Station, but I'm not familiar with what happens then.  I know there is a train to Circular Quay, but will it be very difficult with our luggage?  And when we get out at Circular Quay, how far is it to the ship (again thinking about luggage)?  We are four people, so a taxi would be challenging.

Feel free to make fun of us country folk from Canberra lost in the big, bad city.  😁

Very easy. You'll want to get on a train doing the City Loop (platforms 17 & 18 from memory). There will be lifts from the main concourse (where your train from Canberra will arrive) down to the lower concourse, and then another lift from there up to the platform. There will be another lift for luggage at Circular Quay station, and from there it's a 5 minute walk to check in.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ScottishRobbie said:

Very easy. You'll want to get on a train doing the City Loop (platforms 17 & 18 from memory). There will be lifts from the main concourse (where your train from Canberra will arrive) down to the lower concourse, and then another lift from there up to the platform. There will be another lift for luggage at Circular Quay station, and from there it's a 5 minute walk to check in.

Thanks, Robbie from Adelaide. That sounds incredibly easy and puts my mind at ease!

25 minutes ago, charliedalrymple said:

Thanks, Robbie from Adelaide. That sounds incredibly easy and puts my mind at ease!

Ex Sydneysider here. Just to be a little pedantic the indicator boards will say City Circle (not Loop) and you'll see Circular Quay as one of the stops. As mentioned it is extremely easy and the walk from the Quay to the OPT would be about 10 minutes but it's flat ground. Hopefully not raining as there is no cover on the walk.

Love the Majestic, have a great cruise. 

2 hours ago, leck57 said:

Ex Sydneysider here. Just to be a little pedantic the indicator boards will say City Circle (not Loop) and you'll see Circular Quay as one of the stops. As mentioned it is extremely easy and the walk from the Quay to the OPT would be about 10 minutes but it's flat ground. Hopefully not raining as there is no cover on the walk.

Love the Majestic, have a great cruise. 

Great, thanks Leck.  We are so excited for the cruise, but it is pouring rain in CBR today.

7 hours ago, charliedalrymple said:

Great, thanks Leck.  We are so excited for the cruise, but it is pouring rain in CBR today.

I have a few mates in CBR from my PS days, and a few have escaped that climate!

• Haha 1