Does anyone know the local tour company who runs $20 city tours?

Bollycats

We were on a Princess ship last month and when we got off the pier there were people hawking a $20 city tour. It sounded too good to be true so we moved on and did what we had planned. Later while having lunch, we spoke with a couple from our ship who mentioned they took the tour. Said it was a great value and they really enjoyed it. We'll be going back next year and I really hope they are there again. Does anyone know the name of the tour company or have a website?

1 hour ago, Bollycats said:

We were on a Princess ship last month and when we got off the pier there were people hawking a $20 city tour. It sounded too good to be true so we moved on and did what we had planned. Later while having lunch, we spoke with a couple from our ship who mentioned they took the tour. Said it was a great value and they really enjoyed it. We'll be going back next year and I really hope they are there again. Does anyone know the name of the tour company or have a website?

Just one’s thoughts.

At that price, feel they could be Dom.Rep illegal migrants (and the like) trying to earn a few dollars.  They are not going to advertise their presence and whereabouts.

Legitimate operators (vetted) have to undergo stringent tests etc..

Consider Tours By Locals.

• 2 weeks later...

We have done Tours by Locals in Europe.  You went on a guided tour for about an hour and then tipped at the end of the tour.  When I look up the website now, it looks as if they have a set price for their tours and the number of people it can accommodate.  Do you no longer do actual “tours by locals” but rather a company runs the tours now?  Just wondering if anyone has done any of these tours recently, especially in PR.

• 2 weeks later...

OP here, I found the company by doing an internet search and found Trip Advisor reviews. It's called San Juan Happy Tours. Based on the mostly good reviews we'll be using them next cruise.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/5/2024 at 10:50 AM, Bollycats said:

OP here, I found the company by doing an internet search and found Trip Advisor reviews. It's called San Juan Happy Tours. Based on the mostly good reviews we'll be using them next cruise.

Do you have their contact info?  I’ve looked for them on the internet too and their website doesn’t appear to be active and their last social media post is from April 2023.  Trip Advisor doesn’t even seem to have any way to contact the company or book a tour.

14 hours ago, Hmmcminn said:

Do you have their contact info?  I’ve looked for them on the internet too and their website doesn’t appear to be active and their last social media post is from April 2023.  Trip Advisor doesn’t even seem to have any way to contact the company or book a tour.

These should know…. If legitimate 

https://sanjuanpuertorico.com/visitors-information-tourism-offices/

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2024 at 4:21 PM, Hmmcminn said:

No, just what I found during my search. They will find you though! That's why I thought they were sketchy-they approached us waiting for our Uber.