let them pick the room???

16 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

We’ve never been disappointed with the assigned stateroom and on one occasion were upgraded.

I could say this ... except that we've been upgraded twice. 

And on our recent Grandeur cruise we were placed in a handicapped room ... not an upgrade, but we loved the extra space.

On 12/22/2023 at 8:20 PM, firefly333 said:

Look above and below the JS. I know on grandeur I heard a lot of complaints. Two different folks in diamond lounge booked JS and were below the solarium with a tile floor. 

Idk the location of every JS on voyager. 

A tile floor?  Leftover from Covid days, maybe?  I have never heard that and we've been in JS on GR 6 times, a couple of times under the solarium.  Cabins were all the same.  The JS on GR are all under deck 9 (on deck 8) with the exception of a few aft JS on deck 7.  Yes, we always book our own, but we have met those that have booked gty.

Edited by BND

7 hours ago, BND said:

A tile floor?  Leftover from Covid days, maybe?  I have never heard that and we've been in JS on GR 6 times, a couple of times under the solarium.  Cabins were all the same.  The JS on GR are all under deck 9 (on deck 😎 with the exception of a few aft JS on deck 7.  Yes, we always book our own, but we have met those that have booked gty.

Tile floor in the solarium, not in the JS.  😄

45 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Tile floor in the solarium, not in the JS.  😄

Of course the floor in the solarium is tile. They all are.  Due to sentence structure it read as the JS having a tile floor.  Either way, all Vision class JS with the exception of the few on deck 7 are under the pool deck which includes the Solarium.  Do you hear some noise?  Of course you do, but it's never bothered us.   The ones under the solarium aren't really considered less desirable than others on deck 8.  In fact, to some people they're very desirable as it's just a quick walk up the back stairway to the Solarium.  Under the pool area it's just as noisy.  Heck, on Vision class, the GS and OS are under the WJ.  For us, less desirable is aft or forward as we prefer midship, but others fight to get the aft facing JS.  The fact two people didn't like being under the Solarium doesn't mean anything in terms of a gty.  Our experience is they all book very quickly.

Edited by BND

The Solarium is usually pretty quiet; the main pool is quite different. 

We've had a cabin right under the WJ -- never heard a peep.  

We prefer midship (for convenience, being close to everything) or aft (straight up or down the stairway to the WJ or main pool).  We aren't crazy about forward, as it isn't really close to anything and means more walking -- but it's far, far from a dealbreaker.