Ordering at Los Lobos

KarenRB

Just booked Prima and trying to decide where to use a dining credit.  Already booked Onda.  How does Los Lobos work?  I understand you can get an appetizer and salad.  After that, they have sections listed Tacos, Enchiladas, From the Grill and House Specialties. Do you select from just one of these as the entree?

15 minutes ago, destar said:

You get an appetizer, soup or salad, an entree and dessert. 

We just got back from Prima.  We were able to get two apps instead of app and salad therefore were able to get quacamole and queso both were very good.  Also for entree the grilled fish believe it or not was amazing.  The churrros for dessert very good as well.  

1 minute ago, KarenRB said:

Thanks but neither of these responses answers the question I asked:

They have sections listed Tacos, Enchiladas, From the Grill and House Specialties. Do you select from just one of these as the entree?

Yes, you can only select 1, either tacos/enchiladas or 1 from Grill/house specialty as an entree. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KarenRB said:

Thanks but neither of these responses answers the question I asked:

They have sections listed Tacos, Enchiladas, From the Grill and House Specialties. Do you select from just one of these as the entree?

Yes.  All those are considered entrees and you can only order 1. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We can recommend something like the Carne Asada, Grilled Shrimp or Braised Pork.  All are served with tortillas to make your own tacos with.    Easy to share with each other. 

You also get one or two sides.  We love the Elotes (grilled corn) and sweet Plantains.   Both are delicious😋

Edited by Sand and Seas
  • Like 3

On 12/23/2023 at 8:41 AM, KarenRB said:

Just booked Prima and trying to decide where to use a dining credit.  Already booked Onda.  How does Los Lobos work?  I understand you can get an appetizer and salad.  After that, they have sections listed Tacos, Enchiladas, From the Grill and House Specialties. Do you select from just one of these as the entree?

It has always seemed to make sense to us to use the dining credits in a different restaurant, such as Le Bistro or Cagney's, and just pay a la carte when dining in Los Lobos.

We enjoy Los Lobos.  I agree with the comment on only 1 of the Tacos/Grill/Enchiladas/Specialties.  It has always been more than enough food for my wife and I.

I really enjoy the Carne Asada and the grilled corn.  There is also an appetizer that is some type cheese with a sausage in it that is really good.  We find this a good change of pace from the MDR and other specialty Restaurants.

• Haha 1

On 12/24/2023 at 8:45 PM, The Traveling Man said:

It has always seemed to make sense to us to use the dining credits in a different restaurant, such as Le Bistro or Cagney's, and just pay a la carte when dining in Los Lobos.

My esteemed Traveling Man, I must slightly disagree with you. With the exception of American Diner's mozzarella sticks and milkshake (which is more a tradition than common sense), it makes sense to pay a la carte nowhere in NCL specialty restaurants. The inflated prices for the rather ho-hum quality means you are paying vastly more than you should for a much better meal on land. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

My esteemed Traveling Man, I must slightly disagree with you. With the exception of American Diner's mozzarella sticks and milkshake (which is more a tradition than common sense), it makes sense to pay a la carte nowhere in NCL specialty restaurants. The inflated prices for the rather ho-hum quality means you are paying vastly more than you should for a much better meal on land. 

UGH....too late to edit. it makes ZERO sense to pay a la carte....sorry y'all! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruiseny4life said:

And that's the reason that Baskin Robbins sells 31 flavors of ice cream - everyone has different taste preferences.  When my wife and I eat at Los Lobos, we usually just order a couple of appetizers each and rarely if ever order one of their main courses.  The dining coupon rules are set up for one app, one main, and one dessert.  It certainly is possible that some restaurant managers may be willing to modify the terms and conditions and substitute some apps for an entree, but I'd rather not bother.  We usually eat most of our meals in the specialty restaurants rather than the MDR, so we often end up paying for dinner once or twice per cruise, anyway.  For us it works out better to use the coupons in Le Bistro, Cagney's, etc., and just pay as we go in Los Lobos.  YMMV.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

With the exception of American Diner's mozzarella sticks and milkshake (which is more a tradition than common sense), it makes ZERO sense to pay a la carte nowhere in NCL specialty restaurants.

i agree with you in principle. the exception might be the cost-fixed specialty restaurants, such as moderno and teppanyaki. i don't think the prix fixe at these places is even equal to the per person charge on purchased dining credits. you'll get much better fantasy value by dining at le bistro or cagney's with their inflated "who is crazy enough to pay these prices?" prices.

18 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

And that's the reason that Baskin Robbins sells 31 flavors of ice cream

perhaps.

but the actual reason B&R has 31 flavors is that the founders wanted you to be able to have a different flavor every day of the month.

Edited by UKstages