LIVE from Regal NYE Cruise 27DEC-07JAN

bethfelk

On 12/24/2023 at 1:28 PM, kruisin_kt said:

I’m Beth’s sister Katy and I’ll also be contributing live from the Regal! I live in LA, but I’m home in Oklahoma for Christmas with the family. I am doing my PhD in artificial intelligence, with a focus on ethics and fairness in large language models. I just passed my qualifying exam, so this PhD CANDIDATE(!!!) is also very ready for a vacation. 

My part time doctorate (graduated this year at 57 after life in industry, teaching and various other things) was on research ethics in SubSaharan Africa (my participants were TNE students in Zambia and Malawi).  Maybe we could grab a coffee (cocktail) one day and chat.

Edited by HelloKittysMum
Incompetence
  • Like 1

Good morning everyone and happy cruise day! We ended up getting into our hotel around midnight last night so I pretty much just crashed. My stomach is still not at full strength but getting better slowly I think. Starting this morning with the breakfast of champions: IMG_4973.thumb.jpeg.c14deb0b56c6b06024dfa6cd528b7bae.jpeg

• Like 2

Uber from rental car return to port was successful, amazing that our driver fit 4 adults and our 14? bags in his Toyota Highlander. In line now but it appears terminal hasn’t opened yet. We don’t normally get here this early

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bethfelk said:

Uber from rental car return to port was successful, amazing that our driver fit 4 adults and our 14? bags in his Toyota Highlander. In line now but it appears terminal hasn’t opened yet. We don’t normally get here this early

Where are you guys? We’re in chute 2 outside the terminal.

39 minutes ago, helenb said:

We boarded very quickly as well. Barely had time to sit in the elite lounge! Just waiting now to get far enough from Galveston to use our drink packages.

Let us know how long it takes from pushing off the dock, to drink time if you can . 

15 hours ago, helenb said:

The bars opened for package use at 6:30 pm.

Appreciate the info!  We are on Regal in a month and I specifically booked dinner for after 7 p.m. on the first night for this reason. We are also bringing on our allotted two bottles of wine to drink in the meantime.

Can anyone tell us who the Princess 'party' Band is onboard?

That first meal looks pretty good!  (they have changed the menus up a bit, first night menu was not the greatest when we last cruised Regal..  that is one night we skipped the MDR!)

We love the Regal,  and I am looking forward to reading your updates!

Apologize for the lack of updates, cursed cruise continued for us last night but things seem to be looking up now. We had a nice dining room breakfast and now playing cards in good spirits. Looking forward to the meetup here in a bit!

• Like 1