Aurora Cruises - Early Dinner

donaldsc

I have an interesting question.  We all are doing evening tours on our aurora cruise.  Many of them start at 6 PM or 7 PM.  I just checked on the Viking chat line and they said that BOTH the buffet and the dining room open at 7 PM.  Is this correct?  Do they have earlier start time for the aurora cruises.  Would room service possibly work?  Are we going to go hungry?  Any thoughts?

DON

On our first cruise with Viking we arrived back at the ship from an excursion much later than expected.  Waiting for us in our room was a plate of sandwiches and also a bottle of wine. 

You definitely won't go hungry and room service is certainly an option.  Enjoy!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, donaldsc said:

I have an interesting question.  We all are doing evening tours on our aurora cruise.  Many of them start at 6 PM or 7 PM.  I just checked on the Viking chat line and they said that BOTH the buffet and the dining room open at 7 PM.  Is this correct?  Do they have earlier start time for the aurora cruises.  Would room service possibly work?  Are we going to go hungry?  Any thoughts?

DON

Don, it is entirely possible that on the Northern Lights sailings (which I assume is what you mean when you say "aurora cruise"), Viking changes the dining hours to accommodate the evening excursions to view the Lights. Normal dining hours are 6-9pm and I have never been on a cruise that wasn't open at minimum during those hours.

I suggest that the folks you want to hear from are folks who have done this itinerary already. They can tell you what the dining hours were when they took the trip. If you are really lucky, maybe someone saved the Viking dailies and can share them.

BTW, pea soup is served most evenings in Mamsen for the late evening crowd. I understand it is delicious.

• Like 1