Specialty Dining Package Under Age 13

actuarian

I purchased a specialty dining package for my entire family. However, one of my grandchildren is only 11 years old and the web site said that people under 13  aren't eligible for the package. Does anyone know whether she will actually be included when we dine in the specialty restaurants?

You can mix’n’match people in your group on the package or a la carte - we did that in both Hola & Kaito Robatayaki on our last trip (Euribia - package for the adults, kids were old enough to have it but are fussy enough eaters that we didn’t want to chance them not finding anything they wanted so they went a la carte).  Staff were clearly used to dealing with this, didn’t cause any problems, just make it clear when you’re booking your table. 

• 2 months later...

It has been a few months since you posted the questions but hopefully might be helpful. I have 2 children under 13 last time when I sailed and encountered same question. When you book a table you need to tell them number of the people that you are actually booking for regardless of the package. When you dine, they will give you a la carte or children's menu (if they have one) that you can choose, but as long as you are in the same group/table you can share your food. For us it actually worked out more expensive as my 12 yrs old had adult appetite and portion, and we wanted to buy the package but they couldn't provide the package for under 13 so we had to pay a la carte for her which was more expensive!