TxTeach79's Ringing in '24 LIVE - Celebration NYE!

TxTeach79

1 minute ago, KmomChicago said:

I like the style of this place very much, looks great IMHO. 

Hopefully the sign maker is a second language issue rather than a literacy issue. 

its great especially when you consider the price 

• Like 2

Just now, TxTeach79 said:

whoa! The world gets even smaller….

I worked as an officer on ships after college and I actually interviewed for NCL America in that building too! It was right when they were about to send the Sky / Jade back to the foreign flag fleet, so wound up on cargo ships 

• Like 11

B ordered DoorDash from Arepa bar while we chill in the room, so when the front desk called, I ran down to get it. The bar is buzzing now, and fireworks are going off somewhere…

IMG_2813.thumb.jpeg.380a125a7b6eb4611a9d7f786ff33e0d.jpeg

stuffed guava/cream cheese pastries

IMG_2814.thumb.jpeg.7659f67b6fdfa6f09113c0eb479638b7.jpeg

meat lover’s arepa

IMG_2815.thumb.jpeg.8f6676dc2b02ea21a872629ad503e1c5.jpeg

• Like 24

38 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

B ordered DoorDash from Arepa bar while we chill in the room, so when the front desk called, I ran down to get it. The bar is buzzing now, and fireworks are going off somewhere…

meat lover’s arepa

Thank you for your service. 😬😂

• Haha 21

58 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

meat lover’s arepa

My local panadaria has my favorite guave and cream cheese empanadas, at some point in time I must have these! Really liking your hotel also, good find👍

• Like 9

40 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Yeah, not sure if it’s me or what- definitely can’t post screenshots thus far this morning. Anyone else?

I can post a screenshot.  Your chariot awaits.

IMG_3370.jpeg

Edited by dmet0225
Can’t believe I didn’t proofread that I CAN post screenshots
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

On 12/27/2023 at 11:11 AM, TxTeach79 said:

Current lineup of reserved stuff, shipboard edition:

Chef's Table on Monday. We did this on the Pride in Europe, the very first group in their newly renovated Chef's Table space, and we really enjoyed it. It's long and can be a night ender, but I figured after what's sure to be a late and wild NYE and a pool heavy New Year's Day, that's not the worst thing the night before our first port. Excited to see the menu.

Teppanyaki on Tuesday. B and I have done Teppanyaki on Horizon and Mardi Gras (I've also done the equivalent on Norwegian Breakaway and Jade) and it honestly might be her favorite meal onboard. It's up there for me as well, we always have a great time and love the food, and we're two for two with really entertaining chefs. 

Pasta Master Class at Carnival Kitchen around lunch time on Saturday. Neither of us has ever done one of the CK classes. I wanted to try one out last year on MG but they all booked up super fast and I missed the boat. It came down to this one or the BBQ one, and doing BBQ in an hour just seemed sacreligious to me, so Pasta it is!

We just got off Jubilee yesterday and did the pasta class.  It was so fun!  I think you picked a good one.  On another note, I always plan to book another cruise as soon as I get off one---I have been leaning toward Celebration with this same itenerary (with addition of Celebration Key. )  I can't wait to follow your adventures!  Have fun!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Yeah, not sure if it’s me or what- definitely can’t post screenshots thus far this morning. Anyone else?

Things are a little weird this morning.  I had to prove that I was human!  Twice!! 😖

Edited by Jamman54
  • Like 1
  • Haha 15