Arvia Formal Nights - days matching with what’s advertised?

Woolmull

Hi folks,

Last time we were on Arvia, the formal nights listed before we boarded didn’t match up with the actual formal nights on board. I’ve seen others posting similar comments. My parents are due to board Arvia in February and I’m wondering if anyone can tell me if this issue has been resolved?

thanks

Do you mean that the formal nights occured on different days of the cruise? The formal nights will normally occur on the days shown in advance on the cruise planner (and normally on sea days), but may change due to weather, for example if it is rough or if there are changes to the port calls.  There will however normally be the specified number of formal nights - one per week for Arivia.

22 minutes ago, Woolmull said:

Hi folks,

Last time we were on Arvia, the formal nights listed before we boarded didn’t match up with the actual formal nights on board. I’ve seen others posting similar comments. My parents are due to board Arvia in February and I’m wondering if anyone can tell me if this issue has been resolved?

thanks

It is not unusual for P&O to get it wrong, on our last cruise in Oct we had a formal night scheduled for a port day even though the the cruise had a lot of sea days. We were notified in the daily blurb early on in the cruise that they had made an error. 

1 hour ago, Woolmull said:

Hi folks,

thanks

We were on Arvia in November and no issue with the formal days at all. Both on Sea Days as per our itinerary. And also advised on the Horizon Information Sheet. Wasn’t aware there has been issues.

2 hours ago, Woolmull said:

Hi folks,

thanks

I can’t speak for Arvia, but on our last Britannia cruise almost everything changed from what was shown on the cruise personaliser, and none of it was down to weather or port changes!

Usually it’s quite easy to work out when the formal nights are. Firstly rule out the first and last nights, as it’s never those. Then rule out port days. If, after doing all of that you are left with one clear sea day per week, then those are your formal nights. If you are left with more than one then it’s an educated guess, but they are usually well spaced, so that sometimes helps to predict them. Using the above methodology I usually get it right 90% of the time 😂