Late Departure

Boycey

• 2 weeks later...

When I called recently I was told that option has been withdrawn fleet wide (not sure how correct that is) certainly done quite a few cruises since lockdown and it’s never been possible 

not been possible on my last cruises, we asked on three as had late flights, ended up booking hotel day room.  A couple of fellow passengers did manage it on Journey in Lisbon in November 2022 (paid to stay on till noon) not sure if that was in anyway connected to there being a port pilot strike so ship was going to be in port an additional 24+ hours

• Like 1

It was always subject to local rules and regulations, availability of immigration and customs officials seems to have diminished since Covid even for regular departures.

• Like 1

I know it was always subject to local regs etc and haven’t heard of it since Covid but was hoping it may have been brought back. It was a brilliant idea, so much more relaxing than having to get day use of an hotel before leaving for a late flight. 
Shall have to search for a HKG hotel with day use then. There are a couple at or near the airport but the reviews are shocking so it’ll have to be downtown. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

According to AZ UK (eventually...)it is possible but depends on local rules etc. They won't commit ahead of time but advise to ask on board. As others have said, it's a great perk and really doesn't disrupt the boarding process, so I hope they continue to see it as one of the measures that differentiate a premium product from a mainstream one.

Can anyone post what ports they had the option in for 2023/4 - not earlier. I’ve had several cruises since the pandemic restart and been told each time the port authorities said no (Lisbon, Athens, Barcelona, Amsterdam and Rome)