MDR lunch menu?

liberty176

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but did Princess change the way they do lunch menus?

Last year on the Discovery, we had totally different menus each sea day for lunch int eh MDR.  Lunch type items, but arranged into courses like dinner, and completely different selections each day.  Plus some brunch items like the James Beard French toast--yum!

On the Emerald now, and it's a slightly larger lunch menu, but almost the same menu every day for lunch (2 specials of the day) and no brunch items.

Is this a fleetwide change?  Makes lunch a lot less exciting.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, liberty176 said:

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but did Princess change the way they do lunch menus?

Last year on the Discovery, we had totally different menus each sea day for lunch int eh MDR.  Lunch type items, but arranged into courses like dinner, and completely different selections each day.  Plus some brunch items like the James Beard French toast--yum!

On the Emerald now, and it's a slightly larger lunch menu, but almost the same menu every day for lunch (2 specials of the day) and no brunch items.

Yes, appears most ships have changed to his ‘lunch’ menu with only a few items changing. I did see recently from a live, a ship was using the old menus, but I know Sapphire, Emerald and Discovery have switched. I agree, I looked forward to certain lunch menus in the past.

On my recent 18 day Sapphire down to So. America, I did not go to MDR lunch on sea days as much, having Premier helped as I would do Alfredo’s and Sushi instead.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, liberty176 said:

It was pretty much the same menu every sea day.  However, a few times they added a different choice, like James Beard french toast, or old brunch choices. This was the Sapphire, but mind you, we were on there 47 nights.  

Don’t know what they do on shorter cruises.  I checked it every day, just to see the options. We usually went to the IC or Alfredo’s for variety, or a light snack.

• Thanks 1