Disabled Transportation in New Orleans

WineandSea

I've used airportshuttle in the past, but they no longer accept individual riders and only book groups of 10 or more. RTA, the transit authority for the area, also transports me as I hold an ADA paratransit card for my own local agency. Allow yourself about 3-4 weeks before your trip to notify them if trying that as they tried, without luck, to verify my info beyond my card. They were still quite helpful and allowed me access to their shared ride services when my agency failed to respond promptly.

In New Orleans proper, the RTA busses and most streetcars are wheelchair assessable, with the exception of the St. Charles streetcar line as they only have historical equipment.

Edited by Buckimion

12 hours ago, WineandSea said:

Hi, looking for suggestions on transportation in New Orleans.  We arrive the day before the Cruise so looking to get from airport to hotel, then hotel to Cruise terminal the back to airport after cruise.

What type of transportation are you looking for?   Do you need a vehicle with a lift?    Or a vehicle that's large enough to transport your collapsible wheelchair/scooter (no lift)?   

I would contact your hotel and ask what/who they recommend.  

And if you want to break down your wheelchair, you might consider an UberXL vehicle.  They are larger vehicles, like a SUV or similar.   This is what we always order.   

What cruise line are you going to be on?   For transportation from the pier back to the airport, your cruise line should have accessible transportation options.   

Recommendation for accessible transportation (vehicles with ramp) from TripAdvisor are Alert Transportation:   https://alerttransportation.com/transportation-services/mobility-impaired-transportation/