Mediterranean cruise excursions list compilation

kctwinmommy

So, I had some spare time over the past few days as I've been a little under the weather. It annoyed me that looking at excursions for our upcoming cruise was a pain in the butt, because I couldn't look at all the descriptions at one time to compare. So yes, I took the time to cut/paste the descriptions of all the excursions into a word document (& saved a PDF version as well). I figured I would share it here in case it would be of interest to others. I don't think I've seen many of these done. I know one person did share a similar one, but wanted to have our own to look at.

I kept the port city, the length of the excursion, the cost, and how they rate it (east, moderate, demanding). I did cut out some of the repetitive info they have on all the descriptions though. And I didn't include the times or dates as those will be different for people. I wanted to have this so my husband and I can sit down together and read them over, make notes, and decide which ones we want to do.

This is for our Viking Mars cruise in April. We're doing the Mediterranean & Adriatic Sojourn cruise, but I would bet some of these excursions show up on other cruises in this area. Plus, it gives you some idea of the prices.

Viking Mars excursions.pdf

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, LindaS272 said:

Good work on this. You will also find, though, that you can get a pdf from Viking chat. Then you don’t have to recreate the wheel!

Oh well, I didn't get that from them. I have heard that others have, but I didn't get anything when I asked. As I said, I had some time, so it wasn't a big deal.

3 hours ago, kctwinmommy said:

Oh well, I didn't get that from them. I have heard that others have, but I didn't get anything when I asked. As I said, I had some time, so it wasn't a big deal.

All too often you have to keep asking until you find an agent who knows how to send the list. 😖

Posted (edited)
On 12/30/2023 at 3:23 AM, kctwinmommy said:

Thank you kctwinmommy, 

Would it be OK if I attached this to the Roll Call for Mediterranean Iconic Shores - Istanbul to Barcelona - 13 April to 11 May 2024?

This cruise combines Iconic Western Mediterranean, Italian Sojourn, Venice, the Adriatic & Greece and Ancient Mediterranean Treasure. 

It looks really useful. 

Edit:  Also - what is Viking Chat?

Andrea 

Edited by Andcur
Extra question
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Also - what is Viking Chat?”

When you go to the Viking website, a Chat bot usually pops up, similar to most other websites. Sometimes I don’t see the Chat if it is outside of business hours. I request a previous cruise list, and explain that I know the excursions for MY cruise might be different with times and prices. Only once have I chatted with an agent that didn’t know how to send the PDF.  I suppose a phone call would work too, but I prefer the chat as I have a record of the conversation. (Screen shot) 

Edited by CDR2001
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1