Le Harve to Versaille

saleaaway

Was wondering if anyone has taken a tour or train from Le Harve to Versaille.  We have a cruise on NCL in late July and right now they have nothing posted except for a few Paris tours.. Not interested in a three-hour bus ride to spend just a few hours in Paris and three hours back.  

thanks in advance.

Elaine

1 hour ago, saleaaway said:

Not interested in a three-hour bus ride to spend just a few hours in Paris and three hours back.

I am thinking that the journey to and from Versailles  won't be that much shorter. and the Palace, Petit Trianon and parks  can take up an entire day if you visit all areas, and you would need to pre-book timed entry tickets for the Palace.  Would it be worth it to spend so little time there if you cannot see it all, or do the logistics  now make the Paris option more appealling to you?

So many other, easier, sightseeing options from le Havre.  If searching for past CC threads or searching the internet for ideas, be aware that you will probably get better results if you use the correct spelling which is le HAVRE  not le Harve.

Edited by edinburgher
  • Like 1

Agree. Versailles is practically a suburb of Paris. You may save a little time getting there since you would avoid the traffic in central Paris. Still, close to three hours each way. I am not sure there are direct trains from Le Havre to Versailles.  You may have to transfer in Paris.

Edited by marazul
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, saleaaway said:

We have a cruise on NCL in late July

Did you not know, or did you forget, that Paris on and around "late July/early August" is probably best avoided due to Paris hostlng the Olympic Games? There will most likely be transport and road delays and temporary closures on different days and in different areas of the city. I would not even consider the NCL "Paris on your own" which I expect will be offered. Maybe best to think about sightseeing closer to le Havre, from where there are actually several option, but of course it is your personal decision.

Edited by edinburgher
  • Like 2