2nd Annual Latitudes Members Cruise on Bliss Sept 28, 2024

Sugar Magnolia

1 minute ago, JIMESOPUS said:

The screenshot doesn't display the actual price, right before the announcement the average price for a balcony was just under $1230 ( 11/4/23 ) after the announcement the price jumped $1700 ( 11/17/23 ) and is continuing to rise. So NCL marketing has taken an underperforming ship as far as bookings and made it more attractive. CruisePlum is just one of the sources of information that I use to track pricing.

We knew the day before while aboard the Viva and were able to lock in at a lower price. 

I wonder if the increased price is partially inflated by NCL to offset the costs of hosting a special event, as well as offering a 10% discount.  I doubt NCL would host an event that cost them $$$ without someway to recoup that investment.  That being said, it looks like from the roll call that this event has generated some interest and excitement from Latitudes members.  Bliss and Alaska are both nice.  I’m certain you will fully enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

Just now, ChiefMateJRK said:

I believe that it indicates that NCL jacked the prices up around the time that they honored everybody with those "great" coupons.  It's just business.  Only the suckers fall for it.

Well our posts are similar, I was kinder😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@laudergayle, I'm sure NCL had a price point written down, after that it always will be supply and demand. The hope is that the sales rate will flatten out, or drop, and the price follow before the final payment

My question is why was the Bliss underperforming compared to the Encore, the same style ship and almost the same itinerary?

@ChiefMateJRKThe screenshot I posted doesn't display the actual price on a certain day.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

My question is why was the Bliss underperforming compared to the Encore, the same style ship and almost the same itinerary?

Supply and demand?  The Encore was booking up faster, so they dropped the Bliss prices?

14 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

The screenshot I posted doesn't display the actual price on a certain day.

When you display that graph on CruisePlum, you can hover your cursor over each line and see the price for specific days.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Two large ships nearly identical…same itinerary…late season.  My guess is that the pricing strategy for NCL would be to balance the occupancy between the ships.  Cruise Plum doesn’t  necessarily reflect occupancy, the prices between the two ships are being manually adjusted so no one ship fills more than the other.  It’s likely why right when Bliss rates went up, they dropped Encore to adjust for the “uptick” they believed they would get by dropping the Latitude Event and 10% coupon.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, laudergayle said:

@JIMESOPUS I don’t totally understand the CruusePlum chart.  I see the price uptick beginning after 10/23…but is that reflective of the “asking” price without regard to # actually booking?  Or does that price include some measure of purchase?

It just shows the out the door prices for the lowest of each cabin category.  It in no way reflects demand or actual bookings.

• Like 2

Speaking of recouping costs, ICYMI, American Diner is now complimentary.  Of course the lobster roll will be removed 😄 Finally a part of the ship that never gets used. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...