1st time on MSC: Sailing 1/12/24 3nts Bahamas-? about theme nights and activities

soccermami

Hi!  I will be sailing with a group of about 20 family/friends to celebrate my cousin's 50th on 1/13!  This was a very last minute thing planned within the last 3 weeks.  I have been trying to find a Daily Planner from one of these cruises but haven't found one.  I am also trying to figure out what 'theme' nights there are on this 3 night cruise.  If anyone can help me out, I would greatly appreciate it!

Unfortunately the 3 & 4 day cruises are not really good representations of real cruising. They may even put newbies off cruising all together.  This is what most who board these cruises declare; the immortal words of Thornton Melon " Bring us a pitcher of beer every 7 minutes until somebody passes out. And then bring one every ten minutes."

• Like 1

Thanks!  This will be on the Magnifica out of Miami.  The original 'plan' was to just go to Miami for the weekend for his birthday (20 of us...hotel/air bnb's/cars/ food everyday$$$$)  Just one night out in Miami on his birthday would have been more than all of us paying for this cheap cruise altogether😄.  We are coming in from Jersey and airfare r/t from EWR to MIA was less than $100.  This cruise came up as an option and we jumped on it.  We're easygoing and will roll with the flow and hope to have a great time!

Don't let anyone turn you off. MSC does a great job with their themes and entertainment. I did a 3-nt cruise over Labor Day weekend out of Port Canaveral on MSC Seaside. Your cruise will be similar.

There will definitely be a White Party as shown on my Blog here: https://www.orlandoentertainmentnews.com/?p=23639

There will be a Sunshine Party which is mostly 70's Disco and if you're overnighting on their private island, a Lighthouse beach party as shown here: https://www.orlandoentertainmentnews.com/?p=23598

You would wear your white clothes and 70's clothes to the dinner that night if you want to. The third night is a Formal Night which can be very informal if you don't want to dress up.

Have fun!

• Like 1

It'll be a booze cruise, but no less fun for all that, I don't suppose a group of 20 of you on board for 3 days was looking forward to a relaxing chance to unwind anyway. You'll be impressed with the level of service and politeness of the crew, hopefully the vibe and good quality of the dining room experience will please you all, but the formality of the captains table and wearing your best finery will not be a big part of your experience. 

• Like 1

Thank you!  Yes, we are mostly looking forward to partying and spending time together.  Looking forward to the white party as it will make for nice pics on the night of his actual birthday.  Although, it's not a requirement, glad to not have to pack any formal clothes  (although it is nice to participate!)