Destiny Balcony

sunlover5

Seems I got a good deal from a TA online, just wondering. I got cabin 7230(Empress) for the Southern on the Destiny. I got it for 74.00 more than from the cruiseline for their BL guarantee. She said it was midship and between floors of cabins only. Looked at deck plans and it seems great. Online it was 200.00 more to buy on this deck from cruiseline.

Anyways, does anyone know about this cabin??? Thanks:)

7230 IS a very good location and your agent did good by you.

THe empress deck is the place to be because you are above and below cabins and not public areas. Your cabin is midship located right by the stairs elevators.

You can get an idea of your cabin layout by looking at any balcony photos. The majority of the balcony cabins all look the same. THe only difference is the deck the cabin is located on

Well that is good to know! I was thinking I didn't do very good.:confused:

I will have to keep watching the prices to see if they go down.

I see you are going on the Destiny. Have to let us know how it is.

I am 2nd guessing my decision. Don't know why???? Thanks!:)

I am only second guessing my Princess cruise.

Only sailed carnival and once on the Royal Caribbean-- its hard tomake the change over. But I see you are cruising next February for almost 1000.pp WOW.. Please keep checking that price. I have not ever paid that kind of price for a carnival balcony.

Want to see my balcony on the Destiny--> http://community.webshots.com/photo/260530874/1260530874052943369kXkADX

From judging on your price-- I am guessing you are going Presidents week. HIgh season--lots of kids. THe week before is probably a fe3w hundred cheaper as is the week after.

I see February 18th is the most expensive week out of the whole month.

and February 4th being the cheapest by almost 200 pp for the balcony.

WOW-- I am amazed that it cost this much. We just sailed on the Liberty for Valentines day in a balcony for 749 which includes all taxes and port charges

Yes, I came off the Libery March 4th and my inside was 800 pp.

We have to be in Florida over Feb. 18 so thought we could catch the next cruise and unfortunately sounds like it is high priced then on the 25th. I think President's day is the 20th so that is why it is probably even more the week before.. Everyone wanting to get out of the cold...............Anyways have to keep my eye on the price, thanks!!

THe Destiny is out of San Juan. how are you finding airfare? I just jumped on it a few weeks ago. I figured long ago when I was booking if I cant find it for 300.00 then I will cancel. It was high for so long that one day it came to 301 and I jumped on it.. Its been a little high since.

Lots of people are complaining that the air to get to san juan is ridiculous.

( i also priced other ships for the month of February- guess with gas prices etc.. all the cruises are very high)

Will the agent offer you any price reductions if the price goes down?

some will only give it to you by final payment. others will give ship credit.

Please find out.

On our Victory I lost over 700 when the sailing came down but the agent dont offer anything after final payment.

Serene56 Thank you for giving me all this info!! Yes, checking on airfare. Like I said we will already be in Fla. so we are looking for flights from Fort Lauderdale, etc. will cut down on our expense because we are from OHio and it can be expensive to fly from here. That is why we did the South. route since we had to drive to Florida already.

I was looking for 300.00 or less also. We have enough miles for one free ticket so that will also help!!

Do you know of any good hotels in San Juan that would be reasonable. ?We want to go 1 or 2 days early. Last cruise didn't get enough time there and there are a few things we'd like to do!!

She said if the cruise line allowed it she would give me the better price and for me to keep checking the prices and to call her, she would not call me because it was hard to watch all her customers cruises. I will have to ask her about after the final payment?? Didn't ? her about that.

May I ask if you use a pvp, agent or book on your own????

I was so disgusted with my pvp--but I hear some have really good ones. I did get a very nice rep. in customer service and she told me I should jump on this balcony, they could not match the price as you can see.

Thank you for all your info. You are definitely going to have to let me know about the Destiny and cruise. Some think we will be disappointed since we just came off the Liberty??? Husband and I are not picky and since this will be our first balcony we are excited!!!! Thanks again, you are great for all the info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Wonder how you can be disappointed just because you got off the Liberty?

We jsut got off the Liberty...and although the Destiny seems to be laid out somewhat as the Liberty (and has no supper club--waaaa

I am seeing so many ports that I have not seen yet. woo hoo

For hotels-- priceline is good. You get the same hotel for a lot cheaper- (just book a hotel soon that can be cancelled if you get a great price on priceline. We use www.biddingfortravel.com scroll down to hotels and look for Puerto Rico.. click on that then click on the first post that will open up information onhotels being offered in that area.

If you want a hotel close to the Destiny--

http://www.changes.com/resorts/wyndham-old-san-juan/

I always check with www.tripadvisors.com before booking anything.

PS- since I am cruising February 18th, 2007 I can tell you its still too early for flights and hotels. It all should come available within the next week or two.

Flights to San Juan from Detroit are somewhat pricey but we found a decent price with US Air but we are going in a day early and staying over a day as well. We took the advice of many posters and used Priceline, a bit like rolling the dice but it was fun and we ended up with great hotels for a great price compared to other sites.

What "star" hotel did you plug into for priceline??? That is probably the way we are going to go also!!

Also, have enough miles for one free ticket so that will help out with the airfare.

Have a great time!!! Let us know how the Destiny is!!!!:)

Archived