Celebrity Pompeii Excursions from Salerno

Hello:

There are two excursions Pompeii Exploration ( guided)  and Independent Exploration:  Pompeii on your own transfer.  I have attempted a search, to help in my decision, however, the information is vague re Independent Exploration.  It appears  port transfer is provided.  If anyone has done the Independent Exploration excursion  would you please give me your opinion to help in my  decision.  Thank you.

I would assume that for the on your own tour they bring you back and forth from Pompeii, but once there, you are on your own to explore, versus the guided excursion which will have a tour guide.

I suppose it would depend upon the costs.  What is the difference in $$$ between the guided and on your own?  If the difference is a lot, you could take the "on your own" and get a guided tour when you arrive from one of the local vendors.  

You would definitely need some sort of guided tour to get the most out of your visit, whether it be a physical guide or an audio guide once you get there.  I would assume they would provide audio guides at a small cost along with your admission.