time to ATH from port?

CCJack

We are on an NCL cruise ending 9/10/24 in Athens.   We booked a flight out at 1 pm.   Unfortunately, the airline has moved us to a 11:30 am flight.   That is tight but I am thinking we could make it.   Ship shows 7 am arrival, our last NCL cruise we self carried off but they didn't let people off until about 7:45.   Is transportation readily available at port?  Would be be faster to pre book a transfer?   

Airline is giving us the option of changing flights, but there really are no good options for later that day and the next day options aren't that good either.

Anyone have experience with time to airport?

thank you.

Posted (edited)

@CCJack

You can make it, but it is tight. It is a weekday and there is a lot of traffic in the morning. You should be at the airport by 8:30 if you leave at 7:45, but you must prebook transport otherwise you might be cutting it too close.  George's Taxi is an excellent transfer company. 

taxigreece.com

Edited by marazul
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/3/2024 at 4:23 PM, marazul said:

@CCJack

You can make it, but it is tight. It is a weekday and there is a lot of traffic in the morning. You should be at the airport by 8:30 if you leave at 7:45, but you must prebook transport otherwise you might be cutting it too close.  George's Taxi is an excellent transfer company. 

taxigreece.com

We will arrive on Sunday at 7AM. Do you think it's realistic to book a Ryanair flight to Vienna at 9:55AM? We carry our own luggage. Do ships dock earlier or later than the schedule? If we can disembark at 7AM I think we are fine. I assume no immigration or anything like that at either port or airport?

4 hours ago, tc-cruise said:

We will arrive on Sunday at 7AM. Do you think it's realistic to book a Ryanair flight to Vienna at 9:55AM? We carry our own luggage. Do ships dock earlier or later than the schedule? If we can disembark at 7AM I think we are fine. I assume no immigration or anything like that at either port or airport?

It is too tight. You might not be allowed to disembark until closer to 8 am. There is no immigration coming off the ship, but even with private transport you are cutting it too fine.  It is possible, but I would look for a later flight. 

• Like 1